1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Reading Glasses for Digital Rear View Mirror

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by PiperJ3, Mar 14, 2024.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    My glasses are progressive, and I was initially disturbed by the blurring of the digital rearview mirror. However, I realized that the mirror is not something I stare at; it's used for quick checks of a situation, and the blurred image is sufficiently clear for those checks. When I am actually reversing the car, I use the large rear camera view, not the mirror image.

mountaineer likes this.
  2. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well it's a flat 2D view of a 3D world and depth of view is kinda important to judge a car's distance and incoming speed. Without it, you have to use other ways of approximate that, similar to a video game (without a VR headset).

Approximate Pseudonym likes this.
  3. Blackat

Blackat Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I wear progressive lens glasses. I haven't experienced your problem but I rarely use it.
    Sorry, not very helpful

4. PiperJ3

PiperJ3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I made my own bifocal sunglasses using stick-on diopter lens from Amazon. I need 2.5 diopter at age 70. The trick is to place the spilt line very high on the glasses so head doesn't have to be tilted up to view mirror. Split line ends up being just above the front steering wheel display, so it too remains in focus. Works a charm.... For night driving I use half reading glasses again with straight top edge in same proximity as the sunglasses. Both work perfect for the front display and digital rearview mirror.

Attached Files: