1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need replacement battery - not sure where to order from

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by whiterice781, Sep 29, 2022.

1. whiterice781

whiterice781 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all!

I've got the Red triangle on 07 prius and definitely need a battery replacement. (also my abs pump but I was able to get a refurbished part)

I made an order on aug 1st with newpriusbatteries but it seems like they may be backed up for months? I'm not sure - I haven't been able to get in contact with them. Tried their phone and email.

Are there other recommended places? I'm in the pacific northwest if that helps. I'd prefer to not get a reconditioned battery if possible.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Go online to your local big Toyota dealer out there in the pack Northwest in Oregon I don't know the name here it's Rick Hendrick the race car people I went on their site and ordered my battery for like $1,400 but they put a hold on my credit card for $2,800 that's the battery and the core charge The minute I brought the core to the dealer that evening it cleared that was the best price at the time I could find the next cell lithium project and all that was strictly a long wait . And I needed a battery in the car so it can be driving I can no longer drive with the original and I was getting 37 mi to the gallon on the ice engine

3. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Call the local Toyota dealers and see who has one in stock. Ask what they charge to install it, there is a longer warranty if they put it in. I don't believe that they ship this battery pack. (Which is a little odd, because Honda IMA packs are, or at least were, shipped, and it is basically the same chemistry.)

2. https://projectlithium.com/ Lithium replacement, put it in yourself or pay one of the local installers to do so. I believe they can suggest somebody in your region.

3. Greentec sells a "new cell" battery with a 48 month warranty:

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Gen 2 Hybrid Battery, Unlimited Mileage Warranty | Greentec Auto

Their site doesn't say what technology they use. It might be sticks, like NP batteries, or maybe they found a way to get their hands on the same modules as Toyota. If you find out, please let us know. They have a shop in Auburn WA, if that is close to you. Otherwise, their site lists mobile installers.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Look at the local dealer online . That's where you gonna get the deals. Like the aluminum gen3 hood for 180 bux. Etc . Generally the HV rack of cells in case is about 1500