1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need shop manual pages for 2004 Prius Rear Wiper Motor

Discussion in 'The File Library' started by Steve Goldenberg, May 15, 2005.

1. Steve Goldenberg

Steve Goldenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I want to see how the motor limit switches work.
    Are they mechanical or electronic?
    Can the limits be altered?

[email protected]

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I am not sure what you're looking for, but if you are thinking that the motor goes forward then backward like a washing machine tub, you are mistaken. Rotational motion is converted to reciprical motion through gears and sliders, just like the front wipers. If you are asking about the switch that lets the motor continue to run when you turn it off until it rests, that is integrated with the motor assembly itself, working in conjunction with the rear wiper motor relay, which has some electronics in it along with a relay.

3. Steve Goldenberg

Steve Goldenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I want to try to have the wiper travel a little more to the left before it stops.
    This is because I changed and repositioned the arm to clean much more of the rear window. It now cleans clear across the entire bottom of the window but it stops when returning before I'd like it to. If there's a mechanical limit switch, I might be able to fix it to go another 15-20 degrees counterclockwise.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

As I said, the stop switch is integral to the motor assembly.

5. OZ132

OZ132 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    But, as to the original question, is it illegal to copy and post pages from the Shop Manual?