1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need some advice 2011 prius 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by DMullaGen3, Jul 16, 2020.

1. DMullaGen3

DMullaGen3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey guys, upgraded from a 2008 prius touring to a 2011 prius 3 with 90k miles and one owner a couple weeks ago. The car was running perfectly till a couple days ago. Now, when accelerating from a dead stop, my hsi meter quickly goes through the electric phase and straight into using the ice and any further depression of the gas pedal puts the meter in the power phase, even though the gas pedal is only depressed approximately 25-40%. Due to this, im finding myself using more gas and my mileage is starting to drop. I have no check engine light, and my oil maintenance required soon reminder also turned on around the same time of the issue. If anyone has any ideas what could be the issue, please advise. Thank you. I will post a video of my hsi meter if clarification is needed.

2. John A

John A Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Pretty weird, 90k is a good time to do the egr cleaning and the intake cleaning.

bisco likes this.
  3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Smash the eco button.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    def clean the egr circuit. might be a good idea to get a hybrid app and see what the battery is doing.

what is the battery charge icon showing when this happens?

5. DMullaGen3

DMullaGen3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    downloaded Dr. Prius and did a life expectancy test and it came out to 34%. I was told to get the prolong reconditioning kit by one of the members on a prius facebook group, can anyone relate to this, or can anyone vouch for these kits?

6. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I used the Hybrid Automotive Prolong equipment for over 2 years on our old 2010 and it did exactly as advertised :).

Out here we even shared the equipment among 2 other members and rebuilt 2 batteries utilizing the equipment ;).

Hope that helps (y).

DMullaGen3 and Grit like this.
  7. John A

John A Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don’t want to check mine as bad things come in 3’s