1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rogust, Jun 27, 2006.

1. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Recommended short list:
    Prius
    Camry Hybrid
    Honda Fit
    Civic Hybrid
    Civic

Test drives will shorten the list quickly. Be sure to compare luggage space; some individuals have expressed disatisfaction with the Camry Hybrid trunk size.

2. Rogust

Rogust New Member

I took your advice and I rented a Prius '05 for the day Friday and put 472 miles on it. (for only $30 rental fee). Did some serious mileage.
    Got 53.2 MPG average (according to the computer) using AC most of the time (83* sunny).
    Drove from Lancaster MA, to Boston, Portsmouth NH, Sanford ME, N.Conway NH, across the Kangamangus, down 93 to Manchester NH, and then backroads to Home in Gardner MA.
    Sat AM, I drove to Webster MA to just feel it on the highway again to be sure I felt comfortable.
    I put gas in twice. First at 216 miles put in 7.9 gal (but the tank wasn't quite full when I picked up the car). Second at 471 miles put in 3.7 gal. I was a bit stunned :eek: when the pump shut off at 3.7gal so I tried 3x to top it off unsuccessfully.... I guess it was full or close to it.
    I tried to drive as I normally drive my regular car. I know that I can drive MUCH more efficiently and get much better mileage with a little change of habits.
    After returning it, I put a deposit down on a '06 Gray #4 or higher. The dealer is looking for one to swop with a Black one coming in next week. :D
    Thanks so much to all of you for your info. It helped make up my mind.

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Good for you! Smartest thing you could have done!

Stay in touch. You may become famous here. If you can put 300K mi. on one in 6 years we'd ALL love to talk to you! By that time maybe Toyota will have a "250K mile club".

4. momfortheenvironment

as a new prius happy :D owner, and one with all sorts of back trouble I found I a product that could be moved if I'm a passenger in someone else's car, if I find myself getting any more uncomfortable than in any other car, there were just too many things going for the prius when I could get this, its a memory foam full size thing for your car seat. Here is the link:
    http://www.skymall.com/webapp/skystore?pro...295&catId=10600