1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need tires for 2016 Prius 4

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BGMSU, Jun 24, 2020.

1. BGMSU

BGMSU New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello-
    Hoping for some help here. I had a 2007 Prius and I was always told to use the Bridgestone Ecopia tires (I think through this forum).

I'm now driving a 2016 Prius 4.
    Are these still the best?
    What are better--EP 20 or EP 422 PLUS (these are from Costco)
    What are the differences?

My wife had Michelin defenders for her van and said they were noisy.
    I'm looking for good gas mileage, quiet ride, but good all-season--I live in Michigan with crappy winters and terrible roads, but I also commute 75 miles to work with pretty clear highway driving.

Thanks in advance for the help!

MizzzC likes this.
  2. Pulse07

Pulse07 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Michelin Defenders uses a harder compound and tread (for its 90K rating) so it more noisy and harsh. "Pretty clear highway driving" translation for "I drive pretty sprinted? You must be like me, I had a set of Michelin Premier a/s on my Accord and I could go 8Xmph and felt planted. I personally would go Michelin Premier a/s when my Prius needs one due to my sprinted driving. Im in CA so i cant really tell you how it does in snow. Most people her said Michelin Energy saver is the best if you want MPG.