1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need To Buy New OEM Hybrid Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kay-Kay, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Kay-Kay

Kay-Kay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are correct. None that am aware of...

2. Kay-Kay

Kay-Kay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lol! I hope not... Anyway, don't think am in the mood to go too intrusive on the car. Just wana kinda plug and play with the battery. Not yet ready to start rebuilding the hybrid battery. Thanks anyway...

3. Kay-Kay

Kay-Kay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good idea. However, I've just called the freight guys in Nj and injured if they are in anyway affiliated with a dealership or a nearby discount shop I could send it to there in NJ for them to pick up. Well, they said "no"... Hmm... I'm optimistic we'll have a breakthrough on this... pretty soon.

4. Kay-Kay

Kay-Kay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Updates from Auto Nation- they'll only ship within Houston area..... "becaause of its harzardous and corrosive nature and restrictions".

5. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Remember the old saying about "can't see the forest for the trees" ?? :)

How about plotting the address of the "freight guys" on Google maps.
    Then look up some of the major auto parts stores and find stores near to the freight office.
    Call them and inquire about the Dorman batteries.
    The auto parts places deliver to nearby addresses.
    Once it's paid for, getting it TO the shipper should not be a problem, I would think.

6. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How do they think they got the batteries in the first place?! Batteries are shipped all over the world every day, just need some brains.

Anyways, they can just throw it in a wooden box and FedEx or UPS Freight will come to their loading dock and take it in an 18-wheeler truck to NJ. It is really simple, but it will cost a couple hundred dollars.

7. ikefor

ikefor Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know this post is old but haven past through this hurdle a couple of times, anyone interested in getting Prius hybrid batteries in Nigeria can contact me. I regularly receive shipped batteries without issues. Also as a reseller for hybridautomotives offer reconditioning services - hybrid.com.ng