1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to find 12V switched by ignition power

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Craigmri, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Craigmri

Craigmri New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Greg,

DONE! And it was easier than I thought it'd be. Since I already got the constant 12V at the dome light connector, all I needed was to get the Switched 12V and I decided to use your suggestion. Since I only need the auto dim at night, the headlights will be on at that point so it was a great idea!!

Removing the lower glove box was easy and didnt need to pop off any panels on the passenger side. All I had to do was pull back the weather stripping and I was able to snake the wire up the pillar and across the headliner.

Now my auto dim is only powered when my parking or headlights are on. PERFECT!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GREG!!!!

Now, I was telling my son about your LED mods.......

Craig

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ut Oh... Looks like you're catching the bug! It'll be all down hill from here!

I should have the fog lamps and DRL Mod completed by this evening. I'm going with LEDs for the DRL/Turn Signals. Figured they was run cooler and last longer than the stock bulbs and have the added advantage of less current draw as well. I'm feeling so high tech!

3. Craigmri

Craigmri New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Paul,

We want a full report of this upgrade! This stuff is getting expensive!

Craig

4. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Craig, you're welcome for the suggestion. My LED mod is an answer to many members here who complained about the lack of lighting at night for the low-bridge console. What's nice about my mod is that the light is ambient and will not distract the driver but still gives some light down there to see small items lying on the console. The green LEDs from Radio Shack match perfectly to the instrumentation lighting in the sky-bridge console.

Also, it was easy to add a main cup holder green LED light as well. I use that cup-holder for small items so at night you can see in there. It will also light up a cup, if used that way. Why Toyota didn't do this as an option, I can't figure out - the mod was less than $10. Good luck with your new auto-dim mirror!