1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to get rid of battery modules, advice?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bmparent, Aug 10, 2019.

1. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So after rebuilding my Gen. 2 HV battery, I've got a box of 23 decent modules, and I can't get rid of them, even with a much cheaper price that the rest of the ones listed on these sites. Ebuy and Crogslost have only helped me sell one! If I can't sell these things, which is looking like the likely outcome, how should I recycle these things?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Maybe @TMR-JWAP has some ideas, or would be willing to take them off of your hands(y).

bmparent and SFO like this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Easy solution... Find a Prius battery re builder, they usually have piles of chassis with all the compnents needed except the battery modules. They'll often give these away or charge $40 for 'em. Then buy 5 used modules and boom, you got yourself a rebuilt pack that you can loan to friends or sell to get your money back...

An example of why they're so hard to individually sell:

The first time I bought a used module on Ebay I tried to buy the best one I could find and it died after 4 miles, very upsetting. Then I found a professional re-builder with $30K in testing equipment and ever since the replacement modules are always the best ones in the pack..

bmparent likes this.
  4. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    interesting solution!