1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to replace hybrid battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stefanovich, Sep 29, 2020.

1. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Class 00 HV safety gloves, cat III dvom, inch pound torque wrench, - that's pretty much it for special gear.

Stefanovich and Prodigyplace like this.
  2. Stefanovich

Stefanovich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, that was a complete waste of time. Was led to a sketchy makeshift scrapyard with a dozen or so wrecked cars, and the guy refused to open the battery case so I could check the serials on the modules. Even insisted there were no serials because "it's all one battery." I skedaddled right quick after that.

SFO likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yea, people are sketched out / ignorant about HV battery packs... Only time I've been able to look under the cover is if I'm not being watched over. So what you buy is kind of like gambling. Some day I'm gonna win the jack pot and pull a pack that's only a few years old! :)

Myself and my friends would very much like to visit this place and buy some packs. I'll message you for details...

Stefanovich likes this.