1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to replace my fog lights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by yeldogt, Aug 31, 2018.

1. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Has anyone bought a quality set recently? This for a 2011 five with LED headlights w/ fog light option -- I'm going to replace the bumper cover and both the fog and turn lenses are sand blasted after 215k. Quality aftermarket TYC turn lens are only $34 for the set .. I'm seeing all kinds of fog replacements (many with bad reviews). The TYC set goes for around $90 -- was looking for a cheaper option (they don't do much anyway). I only need the light ... not the whole kit for cars that did not come factory.

Many of the reviews talk of cracked glass lenses after going through water -- the OE's are glass but don't have that problem obviously. My Lexus CT's are plastic -- they have less output VS the ones on the Prius.

It looks like Toyota uses the same fogs for many vehicles.

2. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    150+ and no one has purchased fogs ?/ guess people are lucky.

3. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well .. looking further .. the OE's are Valeo. Was able to get a set w/bulbs for $110 from a Valeo distributer online. The TYC from turn signals are an exact replacement --- having used them before they are high quality replacement from Taiwan.

#3 yeldogt, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018