1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to replace skid Control ecu

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by silvio, Jan 16, 2012.

1. silvio

silvio New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have recently had a problem with my 2004 Prius - the brake lights came on while I was driving (both the red exclamation mark and the orange exclamation mark to the left of the speedometer)
    The Toyota service center told me that I need to replace the skid Control ecu - the part number that they quoted is 89540 47050.
    There are some parts available on ebay from USA but these have a slightly different number at the end - 89540 47060.

Are these parts compatible with the the Australian part number that they quoted me?

If not does anyone know where I can get this specific part at a reasonable price?

Thanks

2. bharat

bharat New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You can get it from CaLIFORNIA.

google the prius parts from california you will get it for 150 us dolllars. rather then paying 2500 to TOYOTA

3. Market05

Market05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ouch, that's a steep price to buy from the manufacturer! Why does Toyota charge so much for every component on these older models?