1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need your opinions on color please!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by reesdude, Dec 10, 2004.

1. fred

fred New Member

i love the black because it looks so cool but!!!!!! i hate the beige interior. its a bitch (can i say that in this forum???) to keep clean. if i had it to do over again id either do black again or the salsa red. definitely the charcoal interior .

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Blue with grey interior is the only way to go. Import one from Europe.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually the light blue with the Euro 16" alloys looks quite sharp!

4. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just sold my Silver 1991 Toyota 4Runner - the finish remained as new after 14 years with regular washing and waxing (and being garaged each night).

I drive a Silver 2005 Prius. I selected silver because silver holds up well year round, holds wax for a long time, does not show dust and road grime and is a neutral color (not too showy or dark). Reflecting incoming solar radiation is a big concern in the warm summer months. White may be a better choice for warmer climates, but tends to show minor stone hits after a while. Even driving in mountain snow silver shows the least amount of winter road grime. A black car shows every bit of dirt, even when freshly washed and waxed.

When parking in the garage after driving in rain or snow I wipe the vehicle down with a clean towel. I am always surprised to find the most dust or grime at the rear of the hood at the wipers and on the back of the vehicle (I otherwise would not readily notice). Red vehicles are involved in greater frequency of collisions and are more apt to be stopped or ticketed by law enforcement. Emergency vehicles are often painted "lime-green yellow" for maximum visibility (not a Prius option).

5. kevingw1

kevingw1 New Member

Hello what did it cost to tint your windows? Did the finished effect cause any problems with visibility?
    Thanks
    Kevinng the summer, which is why blue/tan is nice along with its nice fun beach colors look...[/quote]

If you concern about interior heat build-up, definitely look into window tint that rejects infrared. I tinted my Prius all around (including the windshield 100%) by Huper Optik as I hate entering a steamy cabin. And I live in the NE which heat is a problem for only 1/2 of the year.

Just in case you wonder, you don't have to 'limo-tint' your Prius to achieve the heat-rejection effect. Even their 30% or 40% (visible light transmission) has the iR-blocking effect already.
    [/quote]

6. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    $400 for the whole car tinted including the complete windshield (not just the upper 6"), but minus the rear lower window which is dyed at the factory already. Hüper Optik tint is more expensive than others but well worth it. The finished effect enhances my daytime & night time visibility.

Some specs. for my side & rear windows tint:
    Hüper Ceramic 30
    Visible Light Transmission (%) 34
    Visible Light Reflectance (%) 11
    Shading Coefficient 0.47
    Total Solar Transmission (%) 23
    Infrared Rejection (%) 85
    UV Light Rejection (%) 99
    Total Solar Energy Rejected (%) 61