1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need your recommendation whether to buy used 2009 or 2010 Prius III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sanjeebswain, Aug 23, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Prior to the letter at http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...toyota-will-pay-hid-repairs-i-got-letter.html, apparently dealers were replacing the unnecessarily replacing the ECU and charging $300 for the bulb. They dropped it to $150 (still high) and you can read the rest of that letter for details. Then came Toyota Prius HID Headlight Class Action Settlement - Consumer Class Action Attorneys - Girard Gibbs LLP.

If out of warranty, some dealers may still charge a lot for labor because they might spend a whole bunch of time completely removing the front bumper cover vs. partially (like I had to do after the clip came off) or not at all if they're able to get their hands in there.

1 person likes this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings and welcome. :welcome:

If it were me....I'd buy the G2.
    Lower initial cost, similar fuel economy, touring package.

You'll get a quicker ROI, and by the time you pop right side up on that purchase, then the PHV Prius may finally be available for purchase in your area.

JMHO.
    I drive a G3, and I like that car better even though this is a rather uninformed specuguess on my part, since I don't have much stick time with the G2. Drive both. You're only a thousand bucks apart, so there's not much seperating the two.

GOOD LUCK!