1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

needed on youtube: gen2 rightside [passenger side] control arm replacement video.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius_deep, Jun 12, 2018.

1. prius_deep

prius_deep Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    p0001.jpg
    p0002.jpg
    p0003.jpg
    p0004.jpg
    p0005.jpg

what is needed on youtube is a good gen 2 passenger side control arm replacement video.

geeman geeman has one for gen3 [bolt hits oil filter]. Gen 2 bolt hits ICE oil pan; engine needs to be lifted 3 to 4 inches.

autodoc chickened out, at the start of autodoc video the part shown is for rightside, but they did the left [driver] side.

and...

Is that item pictured in the engine compartment with the glass peek hole part of AC? If you loosen the gray plastic top have you let your AC escape?! I heard air escaping. Do I now need to have my AC recharged?. It was fine before I became curious.

Attached Files:

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Funny, I was just thinking about this because just this weekend I replaced both lower control arms (along with inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links and sway bar bushings. Total costs for both sides plus rear brake pads=$140 from Amazon!) on my newly acquired 2008 suzuki sx4 and they were fairly easy and straight forward. Raising the motor? Man, this sound like a real beeotch. BTW, where do you live? That's a lot of corrosion compared to my vehicles.

edthefox5 likes this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow that rust. If its that bad up top the suspension has to be destroyed underneath. Wish I knew where road was.