1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Needing a new HYBRID battery, best option?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DinaTOYOTA, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This reminds me of a cheap motion sensor I bought from China for my smart home. It failed within the theoretical warranty period. I would have had to ship it to China at my expense and then they would determine whether to replace it. Shipping from China to the US is insanely cheap. Shipping the other way can cost more than the item is worth.

dolj likes this.
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This how a lot of overseas companies get away with supplying sub-standard products. The return shipping plus the process mean that most people do not even bother, it is just not with the effort. These overseas suppliers do not see the true failure rate, even if they did care. I am very particular about from whom I'll purchase online, but even with good customer-focused companies, returns are a real hassle.

3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Saying a company's going to not honor the warranty on their product without actual cases of this happening is pure speculation. I saw one complaint about an issue with a battery that was referenced as a CEBA unit. This person was directed to contact CEBA. He/She did not return to say there was an issue dealing with them as I'm aware. If you said "there are cases posted here on xxx that CEBA denied a warranty claim" that would be different. Curious about those CEBA units that failed the capacity promised. Did he go on to say that they would not replace them/would not honor their warranty?

My eBay purchased (China sourced) LiFePO4 battery would not sit flush because of the bottom mount. I got quick responses asking if I could not make it work somehow, which I did with some washers and a longer bolt. What if a company refunds money and says "just keep it"?

The solar power generating system we bought from a local company (PHAT Energy) broke down and I found it impossible to get them to come and repair it.

Toyota doesn't ever deny warranty claims?

moto g(7) power ?

Tim Jones likes this.
  4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    By the way, I'm an ABC. I don't know Chinese beyond "where's the restroom" or "how much is it". The Chinese companies I've dealt with have had someone that speaks English and/or can write it.

EDIT-. The CEBA website that I go to is in English. I have no trouble reading it and the grammar is decent. Like I said I'm an American Born Chinese, and I didn't notice any grave issues with their English.

moto g(7) power ?

#84 jzchen, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Tim Jones likes this.
  5. roccostud

roccostud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I had better luck communicating through here, send him a pm. but be patient he will respond. I'm at about 3k miles on the kit I bought from him earlier this year. bear I. kind this is not a plug and play battery replacement.