1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Needing Advice on a Purchase

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by FatBassGuy357, Apr 24, 2017.

1. FatBassGuy357

FatBassGuy357 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I found a 2013 Prius that is a MK4
    I really like the car's features and what not all the bells and whistles are really cool to me. I have been driving a 2002 toyota and after 300,000 miles I am gonna scrap it.

I like this prius but it has 140k on the engine. Other than that it looks brand new. Most of the miles are from cross country trips. Only one owner and he owns a dealership.

My question is : Should I be weary of the mileage? I am not too sure how well Prii fare as to other cars and if high mileage is a deal breaker.
    Thanks
    FBG357

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

2 issues, one is oil burning, not sure how you'd figure that out.
    the other is the battery. it doesn't get too much workout on the highway, but it's hard to say if that's good or bad. texas heat can also be hard on them, but inly 4 years old is a good thing.
    might be worth it if you can get the right price.

3. FatBassGuy357

FatBassGuy357 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's for sale for about 8k. I want to have a mechanic look at it before I purchase but IDK what to ask/look for. I hear that about the battery it was a concern of mine as well.

4. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would worry about the HV battery, new one's cost 3-5k I think, and used are 2300 or so. Plus with high mileage, there will be oil burning, but not sure how much. Also, you'll have to do some maintenance if it hasn't been done so, i.e fluids, filters, and preventative parts.

5. WesPThanks

WesPThanks New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well i just picked up my 2013 prius for 13900 with 32,000 miles , 8 seems a bit high fora car with that much mileage. I wouldnt pay more than 6 , just my opinion