1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Needing new Tires for 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ilovemymac, May 1, 2018.

1. ilovemymac

ilovemymac Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I dont \remember what tired came on my Prius V but right now I have 205/50/17 And I am looking for a good LRR tire. I had Ecopia on here and I never did like them.

What recommendations do you have? I am in oklahoma so an all season is what I would ne

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm leaning towards Michelin Primacy HXM4 215/45R17 V-rated. Probably next spring, have the original Michelin Pilot's on there still, getting long in the tooth though.

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A couple of years ago I was searching around for a set of summer shoes for my 2009 Gen II, and found that Michelin EnergySavers were as rare as hens' teeth, so my TyreMechanic suggested Antares Ingens (…what the hell are they??) and offered me a set (fitted, balanced, and guaranteed for 50,000 miles) for less than ½ the price of the Michelins. So at the moment, my Prius is wearing a set of 205/50R16Vs (48F/46R), they're just starting their third season (about 12k on them so far) - they're very quiet, and are good in rain, and as for snow & ice, who cares? My winter wheels are shod with Bridgestone Blizzaks! (…see threads passim for all the details as to why & how)

4. ilovemymac

ilovemymac Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So should I go back to the original size or keep the 205/50/17? Someone said that the 205/50 would be better for gas millage I dont know I have never gotten above 50since I bought the car except for a few months when I did pizza delivery and it was never turned off I would get temp 55-60

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think there's something to that, the 205 should roll a little easier, and the ride is a bit cushier. And the outside diameter is closer to 15" size. The one thing, the 205 are usually XL (Extra Load), not sure of the significance, a bit firmer ride?