1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Needing some new wheels/tires.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 2Fats, Sep 12, 2020.

1. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I went to get my snow tires out of storage to be ready for winter, and some nice person has already helped themselves to them.
    So now I'm on the hunt for another set. What's out there?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe it's bad luck to refer to that person as "nice?" But maybe not? Your mileage may vary...

2Fats likes this.
  3. The Lizard King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Next time, don't store them at the end of your driveway.

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. David9962000

David9962000 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE
  5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thought 'nice person' was the default forum replacement for when someone uses verbiage that isn't appropriate for all audiences or bots.
    Nice find, and two of those summer tires look quite usable as well.

PriusCamper and 2Fats like this.
  6. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Man, that is far from me, but a decent price.

We emptied what was left of storage out yesterday. The police (who said nothing would come of it) couldn't figure how they got in. I think they picked the lock. No security and on the backside of the building. :( They ignored some decent stuff that was worth a few bucks but took an old broken fridge, two of four kitchen chairs, an old leather jacket, and snow tires.. We're in the south here, snow tires just turn bald fast. They tried to get the safe out (an old empty Post Office Safe) and for some reason put it on its side and drug it across the floor. It has wheels. Don't do drugs kids.

I'm not sure what I'm planning on doing just yet. The wife is telling me that I can just use the rims on the car, and buy another set of snow tires.. I'm thinking this is a great excuse to get a decent set of "summer" wheels and put the old Subaru rims to winter use next spring. I know that this car is HORRIBLE in Michigan snow without snow tires, and the last time I got a set I had to order them and wait for them to come in.

7. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yea, perhaps... I used to see that filter way more often. Maybe they dialed it back or a some kinda shit like that?

SFO likes this.
  8. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Nah, I typed out "Nice person". It was sarcasm.

I've currently got a $200 reward for the return of the stuff, a $500 reward for the arrest of the person (s) involved, and a grand cash money if they drop the person responsible off at my house.

PriusCamper likes this.
  9. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like the local constables aren't up on the old school ways, or don't want to share with others a new side hustle.

You could try a different type of lock 'mechanism', or upgrade to one of the Assa Abloy 'brands'.

10. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In all reality, I've been telling the wife that we don't need to be paying storage for years now. I put my tires in there because it was convenient, so I am just as guilty as she is. We've got a huge empty shop we could have put it all in. The family came over yesterday and we moved the stuff that was left into our building and canceled the lease on the unit.

11. The Lizard King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Link?

2Fats likes this.
  12. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    LOL, around here it's word of mouth. ;) The wife is related to 80% of the county, and we just tell a few family members, and they spread the word around.

What sucks is that it was very likely someone that knew what was in there, and where we were at any given time because family always treats you the best. They may have even "borrowed" the keys as we haven't been able to find the extra set that hung by the door. My wife loves her label maker, and the key was marked "Spare Storage Unit." just to help anyone out that's shopping. Add in that my wife was in a coma earlier this year for two weeks while I was in Michigan working, and we had a LOT of family come by to help around the house, cleaning, taking care of animals etc. and I can probably figure out what happened.

In any case, we figure the wheels are gone. Scrap pays $15 per rim, no questions asked, and a tire shop will swap the rubber to another rim for a few bucks. This is my chance to get the lift kit for the Penis, and get a bit larger snow tires put on. :)

13. The Lizard King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well, good luck with that.

14. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    IMAG0191.jpg

SFO likes this.
  15. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2Fats likes this.
  16. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I had a friend design it, and I put it on my car. We're working on printing one that is nearly identical to the original badging instead of a sticker.

When I first got the Prius, I had to "come out" to a few friends. It was a car I'd made fun of openly for years after all. I sent a good friend a message, and told him "Hey man, I don't know how to break it to you, but I have a Black Penis."

The spellcheck troll that lives in my phone had changed 'Prius" to "Penis" just as I sent it. The name stuck though and helps the guys that want to be "dickish" about the car laugh a little and lighten up over things.

Plus, you wouldn't believe the people that notice it going down the highway and take photos, wave etc. Yesterday I swear I was about to get pulled over, but the Officer instead took a photo, and then turned around. I was going about 12 over when she came flying up behind me. >_<

dolj and SFO like this.