1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Never get tired of Jimmy V speech

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by fulltank, Dec 6, 2011.

1. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In a world where we always seem to catch ourselves being thankful for material things I must say that Jimmy V brings be back to earth. It's Jimmy V week on ESPN and I always look forward to hearing his great speech. What an incredible person and coach that was taken too early. So humbling that a man with only weeks to live has to emotionally shake the hell out of us and remind us of what we have is sacred and should not be wasted. I ask everyone to forget about their Prius for a moment and grab your spouse, child, mother, father or whomever and let them know you love them. "Don't give up, Don't ever give up"

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You are so right.

I am a NC State grad and went through the whole cancer ordeal with Valvano. He was so strong all the way to the end.

I cannot help but watch that every year when they replay it. I get choked up and teary eyed every time. His message is so powerful and motivational and so true.

I love it when he tells the teleprompter what he can do with his message that he is running out of time. :p