1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2006's $2,200 off MSRP (Virginia/DC)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Eric Nothman, Feb 24, 2006.

1. crichman

crichman Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridity @ Apr 17 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]240881[/snapback]</div>
    Another possibilty is that Prii have been very popular -- with those who buy them -- on Northern Virginia HOV lanes. Those who haven't bought them have been very vocal about their resentment of this, given our region's horrible traffic. There has been a lot of discussion about ending the free ride for Prii on HOV lanes in VA, and that could well have made VA dealers holding large Prius committments nervous.

2. Eric Nothman

Eric Nothman Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmccord @ Apr 16 2006, 01:47 AM) [snapback]240428[/snapback]</div>
    I just picked up my 2006 Barcelona Red w/Navigation etc. and it is beautiful! Sarah Baumgartner (703-396-5026) was great and the entire process was smooth. No hard sell, or pushyness etc. She is a very pleasant person and even fun to work with and really strives to look at the transaction from the customer standpoint. So, she strives to get the best discount and make things work easily. I really recommend working with Sarah (Miller Toyota) and she has come through for numerous people. And, she seems to be able to get the best deals possible in her dealership.

Some folks have been asking how much Sarah can get off of MSRP within Miller Toyota. It depends upon the package. So far, package #8s there is little discount. But, on #7 I believe it is about $1500 off now, and then less on the other packages that cost lesst than the #7. Apparently, for the packages with the highest cost there is the highest discount off of MSRP.

My new 2006 really feels good to drive. Since I sold a 2003 Prius to buy this one, and my wife has the 2004 - I noticed the 2006 Navigation (5.1 CD) works differently than the 4.2 on our 2004 model. When in split screen mode the right screen changes (automatically) to provide 'turn list' mode (text explaining the next several upcoming turns) and to show a zoom-in of the turn with a bold arrow when getting close to the actual turn. When we needed to go with the left three lanes in the highway, it now shows a detail picture on the right screen showing three lanes going to the left (with blue bold showing this is where we go) and two lanes splitting off to the right without the bold blue. Very cool. Nice enhancement.

I hope all who are getting their new 2006 models are as pleased as I am! Next - I hope to explore the bluetooth implementation.

Best regards,

Eric

3. ppmd

ppmd New Member

These deals are still on-going. I called Sarah and she quoted a price of $24930 for a package #7, which is lower than I could find otherwise. The best part is I took this quote to my local dealer and he matched it. I live in Baltimore, so I told him it would not be a big deal for me to drive down. But Sarah said that she is to keep working the deals until her boss tells her to stop. So, talk to her and then see if you can drive down your local price. Can't wait to get mine!

4. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ppmd @ Apr 18 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]241416[/snapback]</div>
    I wish I was closer to Sarah because the dealers here in So. Cal don't budge below MSRP and some still want a $3000 mark up.

5. gyudaddy

gyudaddy Junior Member

The deal is reduced down to $900 off of MSRP as of 4/20/2006. She said, 'my manager would not allow as good discount as before due to rising gas price. If it were a $1500 off of MSRP I was gonna go (I live in KS).

6. Subversive

Subversive New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gyudaddy @ Apr 21 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]243081[/snapback]</div>
    Oh that totally blows. I'm not sure I can justify driving there and back for just $900 off sticker, especially if I can find someone closer who will knock just a little bit off the price.... And I actually want a package 5 instead of a package 6 anyway....

Or maybe enough people will get pissed off at the gas prices that something on the federal level will be done to lower them, at least temporarily, before July 1st. After all, Bush is down to 33% approval while his oil buddies are having the most profits they have ever had--maybe it is time for him to spend some more of that political capital that he says he has....

7. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    just spoke with Sarah....4/21/06 7p CDT...

still offering about $1200 discount on pkg 7.

8. gyudaddy

gyudaddy Junior Member

I forgot to mention that the $900 off of MSRP is package #6. I suppose the higher you package goes, the more $$ off of MSRP.

9. mbelofsky

mbelofsky New Member

Thank you for this information. I spoke with Sarah today and reserved a Black w/gray interior package 7 scheduled for delivery between 4/26 and 5/01.

Previously I had a deposit (which I will get back) for a Red one at another dealer.

By changing to Miller Toyota (about 40 minutes from me --rather than about 20 minutes) I went from an out the door price of $28,792 down to $28,200. This email trail saved me $592.

I figure when I add the total savings from this site ($1,392 total on the car), $660 savings on the warranty and $325 on the auto care, it will be a total savings of $2,277.

The other dealer would not budge on the price. They gave me $500 off on the MSRP and $200 off the processing fee. They refused to do any more for me. But I think they are happy since they will now sell it at MSRP. They were giving $500 off and now will not.

Even Sarah at Miller Toyota said that after this weekend they will not be doing any more discounting on Prius.

Thanks
    Michael

10. Subversive

Subversive New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mbelofsky @ Apr 22 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]243771[/snapback]</div>
    Too bad you couldn't have posted this yesterday, as I believe they are closed on Sunday...

11. mbelofsky

mbelofsky New Member

Sorry. Sarah did not call me back until the end of the day. I left a message at 9am. By the time we went back and forth about the deal, it was past 7pm when we got the deal together and she told me.

She seems to care about the deals from PriusChat and they may be able to do something.

Michael

12. Subversive

Subversive New Member

I called Sarah first thing in the morning and she was still able to give me $500 off MSRP on a package 6 in the colors I wanted. Apparantly being such a large Prius dealership means a greater chance of finding just the car one is looking for. Sarah will be off tomorrow and of course YMMV, but good luck to ever follows after me....

13. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Subversive @ Apr 24 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]244492[/snapback]</div>
    I put down my deposit with Toyota Sam of Miller last Friday (4/21). Package 6 at $500 off MSRP. I guess that's the best I can do now. Too bad I didn't discover this thread a few weeks ago.

14. woland

woland New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoVaSnow @ Apr 27 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]246085[/snapback]</div>
    Do you mind me asking how much was the total quote for Package#6 you got from Sarah?
    Also, I am looking to buy a Prius, which would be my first new car. I need help with some questions:
    1)How does a "tax break" for Prius works?(is this something which is done through income tax?)
    2)How does one pay taxes on a new car - when it is registered at the DMV Department?
    3)If I am from a different state then the dealer, are there additional steps?
    4)Can everything be arranged via the phone(deposit,credit check, etc...)?

15. Eric Nothman

Eric Nothman Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Subversive @ Apr 24 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]244492[/snapback]</div>

I am sorry to report that Miller Toyota will no longer be discounting the Prius below MSRP. In addition, they will only sell cars to their immediate area (Virginia, Maryland, maybe D.C.).

It was a good window of opportunity while it lasted - and it has been nice for those who were able to take advantage of it. Thanks to Miller Toyota - and Sarah for all the support and help over the last couple months to Prius chat folks!

16. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woland @ Apr 27 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]246170[/snapback]</div>
    My quote is from "Toyota Sam" Lee at the same dealer (not Sarah). It's $25,880. The sticker includes Package #6, floor mats, and wheel locks (total of $26,380). They also have a $198 "processing fee."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woland @ Apr 27 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]246170[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, it's through income tax. You get a $3,150 credit. This is a straight reduction in your federal tax for the year. You can change your withholding in anticipation of not owing this amount and reap the benefit througout the year.

I live in Virginia, so I just pay the taxes to Miller and they handle the titling, etc. I don't know about out-of-state deals. If you search through these forums, others have dealt with this issue.

I don't know. I believe people have managed to handle it all that way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eric Nothman @ Apr 27 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]246176[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I'm sorry I missed the low point, but I am getting mine for $500 below MSRP, since I inked the deal last Friday. My salesman (Toyota Sam) told me that the price would most likely be going up this week. I guess he was correct.

17. woland

woland New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoVaSnow @ Apr 27 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]246177[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you so much!!!

18. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

I bought my Prius on Saturday. I visited the dealer mid week last week and was told MSRP only. The car I wanted (color and package) just happened to be due in. So I went online and contacted their internet guy. The internet price was $500 off. I got the same car and ended up dealing with the same saleman for $500 less. They also didn't charge for the matts. Check the internet pricing before buying direct in the showroom.

19. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike0422 @ Apr 27 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]246186[/snapback]</div>
    Was this at Miller?

I did get my pricing over the internet, but it does seem like I am paying for the mats. It's not a huge deal, since I want the mats, but if I can save another $200 or so, it would be nice.

20. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoVaSnow @ Apr 27 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]246188[/snapback]</div>
    No it was in Chantilly. They were supposed to charge for the mats, but didn't.