1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2007 Owner Qs on: Nav update, Aux Cable and Model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Happyfunball, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Happyfunball

Happyfunball New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All,
    I have searched for answers in advance of posting ,but really need some help.
    i just bought a 2007 Prius with leather, back up cam, Nav, aux port, and 15” wheels. To set up my account here i was asked for Prius Model.
    1. Anyone know which i have? There were model choices i never heard of and none that seemed to coincide with what i have.
    2. im trying to find the latest Nav update. Anyone point me to disc model # ? i have searched a lot and gotten little info to conflicting info at best. Please don't simply suggest a separate unit. im aware,pf that possibility.
    3. My aux port in center console does not accept either a mini Aux cable or a 3.5m. What am i missing? The mini goes in but doesnt catch or fit. The bigger wont go in. Almost seems like a small female would go in the hole to wrap around male inside. Is that possible? Please help. if i need to replace port, im even struggling to find guidance on that.
    Believe it or not, im quote resourceful and handy, but these issues are keeping me up at night.

Thanks in advance

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Run the VIN at : Welcome to Toyota Owners
    New OEM nav discs are $$$, and most of the copies for sale on ebay etc may not actually work. But if you find something report back here.
    If that is all that keeps you up at night, then we need to chat :whistle:

Happyfunball likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suspect your Aux input needs to be replaced... All too often that cable will get yanked and the plug will bust off inside the receptacle... YOu might be able to find a spare one at a junk yard, or just add a new one in a more convenient location.

As for nav... I'd recommend not using it and using your phone instead so you have real time updates related to traffic, fastest routes to choose from, road closures, etc.... In car nav, even if updated is going to be miserable compared to what Google and Apple are constantly updating every minute of every day.

Happyfunball likes this.