1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2007 with Package #2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dhabicht1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. dhabicht1

dhabicht1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just purchased an 07, I have the original window sticker that shows Package #2. Bluetooth is not shown anywhere as an option yet I was able to pair my iPhone, dial and receive a call but nobody can hear me. My guess is there is no microphone hooked up. I do not have the phone buttons on the right side of the steering wheel either but I just ordered a new switch to add them. Does anyone no for sure if I just get a microphone will I be able to just plug it in and it will function?

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It sounds like you could have some kind of aftermarket install. Generally speaking, you can't just add the buttons to your steering wheel. It is more involved than that.

3. dhabicht1

dhabicht1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the reply, everything is set up through the MFD and when I go into the diagnostic menu it also has the bluetooth settings and menu. I don't think it is aftermarket, there are no aftermarket parts anywhere I can see after removing the front bezel.

4. dhabicht1

dhabicht1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have just confirmed there is no microphone and the board is different. I just ordered a used overhead console with microphone and amp. Once I receive it I will report back on function.

5. dhabicht1

dhabicht1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just changed my steering wheel switch for the Navi one that has the phone buttons on it and everyone of the buttons is working correctly. If you press the MAP button it just gives you an error on the display that about the function not present. All phone buttons work perfectly. The journey continues, just waiting for the microphones.

6. caravan2429

caravan2429 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You need extra wire from left A pillar plug to MFD to power up microphone and transmit the signal.

7. caravan2429

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    MFD is interchangeable and likely the previous owner swapped that to bluebooth version. Mine is package 2 and I swapped one with bluetooth but lacking microphone function and need to add extra wires to make it work.

8. dhabicht1

dhabicht1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just finished doing this with help from many different posts. If anyone is wondering what needs to be done it is the following:

1) MFD needs to have Bluetooth board installed. Even though my serial number said it shouldn't have it, it was present.

2) Need to have overhead console with Q7 board, microphone and amplifier

3) Need to take dashboard apart to access 3 wires coming from overhead console down to plug under dash cover and extend them to MFD

4) Make sure you put them in the proper place in connector M14 of the MFD Brown to 4, Green to 2, Red to 3. Red also needs a ground to the metal brace or it won't work.

5) You don't have to get the right side phone steering wheel controls but I did, they are just plug and play

Attached Files:

9. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is great, very satisfying to get it done, I'll bet.
    Did you happen to take photos of this part of the job? I'd be interested to see what is involved if you'd care to do a bit of a write-up on it.

Were you able to add the buttons to the existing steering wheel, or did you need another one to take the buttons? It sounds like the former, is that right?

10. dhabicht1

dhabicht1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Steering wheel is very simple, just follow first steps in video by removing screws on each side for the airbag. You do not need to disconnect airbag, just move it out of the way a little bit. The right hand controls just pull straight out and the wires plug into the connector on the controls. Same connector as the new controls with the telephone buttons.

Attached Files:

11. caravan2429

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How hard are step 3 and 4?
    I am stuck at these. Did you make your own extra wires and how?

12. dhabicht1

dhabicht1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I made my own extension wires from thermostat wires. I had an old connector laying around that I could use for the pins to plug into the M14 connector going into MFD. Dash isn't too bad just be careful pulling the inner vents off especially at the top.