1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2008 Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hoosier8, Apr 7, 2019.

1. hoosier8

hoosier8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There is a local small one man dealer that deals only in used Toyota's from a local dealer. He often has hybrids.

I have watched his sales daily for a Prius and a 2008 Prius package 5 came up for a decent price and 119,000 miles. I had thought about other Prius he had with many more miles but this one fit the bill.

My main concern was the hybrid battery but he warranties the battery for three years unlimited miles.

My main driving is urban and I didn't really need another car but I am obsessed with the fuel savings; just because. I used to think the Prius was for the foo foo environmentalists but have become enamored about saving costs since I am near retirement. The Prius is over-engineered and a long lasting vehicle which I admire. Of course I did not know this when they first came out.

I pick it up tomorrow. Wish me luck.

2. JTSilver06

JTSilver06 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good luck! I just picked up an 06 yesterday for much the same reasons as you. I'm looking forward to learning more about the car and enjoying it.

Data Daedalus and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best! watch out for shady used car dealers!:p

Data Daedalus likes this.