1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2011 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by hoferchr, Nov 26, 2011.

1. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello there! It's been a really long time since I've been on the forums, but I thought I'd re-visit to see what is new. On Monday I am getting a new silver 2011 Toyota Prius! Can't wait! To give some background, my first Prius, a Millennium Silver 2004 with nav system, got flooded in my employer's parking lot when we had some torrential rains a few years back. Insurance classified it as a total loss. So, then I got a new Magnetic Gray Metallic 2009 Prius (again with nav system), and I had that one for a while...until October 11, 2011. I was involved in a serious car accident where the other driver was completely at fault for rear ending me while I was stopped waiting to turn. Here's a few pictures:

http://twitpic.com/6z1vo8
    http://twitpic.com/76qv9c
    http://twitpic.com/758njh

Somehow, I managed to walk away from that unharmed.

But, anyway, I just thought I'd revisit the forums since I will have my new Prius on Monday morning! Hopefully I will be able to visit here more often!

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wow--a lot of damage--glad to hear you weren't hurt.

Congrats & enjoy your new Prius.

1 person likes this.
  3. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks stream! Yeah, this time my insurance company considered it a borderline total loss, so they totaled the car and gave me a good deal, I think. It was pretty interesting because when they went to find similar Prii in the area, they never included the nav system in their price, and according to NADA, that was an extra $675. So, I got that as well. I also had recently put new tires on my 2009, and my insurance company reimbursed me for half of what I paid for those...roughly $265 towards my new 2011. And, since I have my parents' VW Passat station wagon to use while I wait for my new car, insurance gave me an extra $250 because I didn't request compensation for a rental vehicle. All in all, I've gotten just over $23,000 from insurance for my totaled '09 Prius. Now, if we can just find out for sure if the 20-year-old girl that rear ended me has insurance, I'll hopefully get my $500 deductible back, too! So much to sort through!

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well hopefully this new one will last you a little longer. :)

Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  5. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I sure hope so, spiderman! People think I'm cursed or something and that maybe I shouldn't get a third Prius. I don't care...it's a great car!

6. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can I ask what package?

Locally right now? Many dealerships are offering great discounts on 2011 Prius 2's...I think they are a really great value.

But that value levels out as you go up the package ladder. IMO...Not that I wouldn't necessarily want an IV or V....but the deals on them simply aren't as good.

7. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I looked at the pic of the right rear first and thought "Mmm, that doesn't look too bad..." Glad you're OK and that your insurance company is treating you fairly.

1 person likes this.
  8. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sure... I am buying a 2011 Toyota Prius with Package #3 with navigation system (no solar roof, though). In addition, I am getting illuminated doorsills and the homelink garage door opener (on the rear view mirror) installed. I'm looking forward to trying out the Bluetooth audio with my iPhone as well as having the ability to connect my iPhone and/or iPod via USB!

As far as discounts, my dealership was able to knock off $300 because my dad had found a similar Prius in Madison that was significantly less. Comparing the two, when it came to the real details, there was about $600 difference, so my dealership is knocking half of that off my price. Also, they knoced $150 off the homelink garage door opener for me. Finally, I'm getting a rebate of $500 from Toyota because that's a deal here in Wisconsin right now for November.

9. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You have the same reaction that my supervisor at work had when I showed him the photos.

10. PearlJammer

PearlJammer Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'll bet she was texting when she hit you.

11. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Who knows. Might have been. The really bad part is that we think she freaked when she saw how close she was to me, and so instead of going to the right around me...which really isn't a passing lane anyway, she veered left into the on-coming traffic lane. Fortunately for both of us, there weren't any cars coming from the other direction.