1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2012 MID Screen

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by civicdriver06, Apr 9, 2012.

1. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Toyota claims that the energy arrows in the new 2012 MID screen are now very much more easy to see .
    Is that true ?

2. gsodonis

gsodonis Recent Hybrid Convert

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes.

I own a 2012 HB III and just last week drove a 2011 loaner Prius II. The FIRST thing different that I noticed was the MID screen. The 2012 screen has a much higher resolution, especially the arrows. The 2011 arrows are made up of blocks and their movement is somewhat slow - very pixelated like a very old video game. The 2012 arrows are continuous and their movement is fluid. The prius silhouette in the backround is more subtle (lighter) with better resolution as well. The 2012 MID screen also appears to have a higher refresh rate as the display shows changes to the power transfer much quicker, more real time. I found it easier to hypermile using the 2012 screen over the 2011.

3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Also seems the 6.1" MID display is polarized the wrong direction for sunglasses?
    My previous (circa 2006) Garmin GPS was also polarized in the wrong direction for sunglasses- you had to keep the GPS at almost 10 o'clock/2 o'clock angle to be able to view it wearing polarized sunglasses. The newer (2011) Garmin 1450 seems to be polarized correctly for sunglasses.

Anyone else have this polarization issue with the 6.1" MID?