1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2012 PIPA delivered, but missing items?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by scgator, Sep 26, 2013.

1. scgator

scgator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    After almost two months of searching and dealing on a new 2012 PIPA, I finally took delivery of the vehicle earlier today. Everything is good, except I seem to be missing a few things that was supposed to have come with the vehicle.

I was given only 1 key fob (I know for sure I should've got 2 since the vehicle is new), manual, charger, jack, tire repair kit, tie down straps, tonneau cover.

I seem to be missing another key fob, key plate, and the warranty/maintenance book. Is there a separate manual for the navigation I'm missing as well? Anything else I'm missing?

Could someone please provide me with a complete inventory of all the items that should come included with a new PIP/A?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what??? what kind of purchase process was it? you should have all those things. are you sure it was new? kinda late for a '12. have you looked under the rear deck for the evse, tie down straps and tonneau cover? the jack is under the driver seat and compressor/goop under rear deck corner triangle. they should have gone thru all the manuals, showed you how to use the electronics and handed you two key fobs. please give us the dealer name so we can avoid them, thanks and all the best!(y)

3. scgator

scgator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was given all of those things, but since I only received 1 key fob, I was wondering what else may be missing. And it was purchased 1200 miles away.

So other than the other key fob, key plate, and the warranty/maintenance manual, am I missing anything else?

4. Bill Collins

Bill Collins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When I took delivery of my 2013 PIP Base I was given one key then a week later I walked in an the salesmen opened his desk draw and said your second key arrived..So go back to the dealer and ask for yours. hey its worth big bucks that key.Nd yes there a book on Nav.. I received six different books. And lucky me found two cables in the trunk(if u can it a trunk) One is being upgraded now to 240

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    two cables? sweet!!!(y)

sorry, i misread that. the manuals can be downloaded if necessary, but as bill says, you want that $400. key fob!

6. scgator

scgator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I called the dealership and they are looking into it. They told me in case they can't find the extra key fob and key plate, they'll order me a new one from the factory.

As for the documentation/booklets, could you tell me what the six were?

7. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

You will need to take a NEW key back to the/a dealer and have the key fob matched to the car after they mail it to you. The car and the key synced to each other using the dealer software.

8. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Pretty shoddy dealership from the sounds of things. All dealers should go through a new vehicle sale checklist to ensure that everything is handed over, gone over, and checked before turning it over to the buyer.

The fact that you traveled 1200 miles to make the purchase added to the seriousness of their screwing up.

SCH-I535

9. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    What's that?

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think the little tag with the numbers on it. they tell you you can get a new key with it if you lose both keys.

11. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine came with two keys an a metal tag with 5 numbers on it.

The Warranty book is not that essential, but the navigation book is very helpful. However I usually use the PDF version, available here in the Plug-in FAQ, since it's searchable.

I think you have everything else.

12. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Congratulations on your 2012 PIP. I assume it was a long distance purchase and delivered "sight unseen". It sounds like you're in good shape once you get your second key fob. Five of six of my last car purchases have been long distance. Negotiated online, but always picked up in person. Big hassle, but worth the effort.

13. scgator

scgator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

It definitely was a "different" buying experience to say the least. I did not pick up in person, I had it shipped down using an independent carrier (which was a quite the experience on its own).

My experience with the dealer so far has gone fairly smooth, they expedited the process as well guided me through all the steps I need to take (such as coordinating with my own credit union and the DMV). Hopefully I get this key situation resolved soon.

14. Bill Collins

Bill Collins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    AS Asked for above All the things I received on Delivery
    The booklets were 1-Quick Reference Guide, 2- Owners Manual, 3-Owners Manual Quick Guide,,4-Owners Warrenty Rights Notification 5-Warranty & Maintenance Guide 6-Display Audio System Owners Manual 7-Navigation System with Entune plus a folder called New Vehicle Delivery CheckList, And an Envelope with copies of all the papers I signed The window Sticker, Charge cables (Shhh I got Two) All in all a pile of booklets three inchs high Don't think I 'll ever read all of that information..Oh and a nice Black bag to keep it all in with dealers name on it