1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2012 Prius II

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by joachimz, Feb 2, 2012.

1. joachimz

joachimz Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Got a new 2012 II Tue night, went through Costco, $200 over invoice.
    Dealer is Toyota Escondido. Got seaglass pearl with bisque interior, love the color. Love the new audio display and the iPhone/iPod integration, in particular that it starts playing music from my iPhone whether I plus the cable in or not (streams through BT) and that it reads all of my contacts, very sweet.
    I have a 100 mile both ways commute every day (Temecula-San Diego), so far ~ 53 mpg. Used to have a 09 Camry Hybrid that got me ~ 40-42 on average.
    I didn't notice that when picking the car, seats are beige, dash is black, floors are black, ceiling and cargo area are grey. It's not a big deal but why are ceiling and cargo grey vs beige?
    I can post pics if anyone is interested.

2. danbob

danbob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Congrats! You California guys get great pricing! Here in NY I was lucky to get 800 under sticker because they sell for over sticker here. Just picked ours up yesterday too! Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  3. sKwiD

sKwiD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What was your final price if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in San Diego too and have been calling around to get pricing through the internet sales dept. So far best price I've found on leftover '11's was $22,995 w/ floor/cargo mats + 0% on 3 years. I might have to try out this Costco deal on a 12 instead.

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

5. joachimz

joachimz Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I don't have my paperwork with me but invoice was ~ 23.8 plus 200 --> 24k.

not all dealerships work through Costco, you can enter multiple requests onto Costco's site with different ZIP codes to get multiple dealers involved ...

6. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ohmygoodness, I would love to see pictures. I've been dying to see the sea glass pearl in person!

7. joachimz

joachimz Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    sorry, it took a while but I finally got around to take some photos, they are in the Photo section, link here:
    PriusChat Forums - joachimz's Album: 2012 II seaglass pearl + Thule raceway 3
    I also got a Thule Raceway 3, quite like it, very sturdy and no exposed metal parts that could cause scratches, check out the pics.
    And I need to retract from one of my statements in the first post, ceiling and cargo area are not grey, they are beige though not as "yellowish" as the seats.
    Still loving the car, filled up for the first time today, calculated 49.5 but I believe that is low as the dealer did not fill it up as much as Idid, took only ~ 35 miles to go down 1 bar. Had a 2010 rental before that didn't move the bar til ~ 80 or 90 miles after fill-up. Time will tell ...

8. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Man, that's really nice! Thank you a lot for the pictures. It looks so sharp in the sunlight. That's why I was surprised it's so dark in shade and low-light situations. Looks super and glad you have a sparkling new bike rack, too. ;)

9. joachimz

joachimz Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I added 3 pics to the album, taken in the garage, and the pics don't look too great but you can see that it gets more to a blueish color under artificial light ...

Attached Files:

10. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great deal there. I lucked out then getting the only 2012 listed at $23,878 + taxes, tag transfers, and a $100 processing fee. The bonus was it was my first choices in color for the 2011's I had looked at, but not available. :(

BTW for folks in the DC area, Carmax Toyota in Laurel MD rocks! Ask for Joel V.

11. Prius M.D.

Prius M.D. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!!