1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2012 Prius Owner.....confused about the model though

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by bclinton, Jan 26, 2015.

1. bclinton

bclinton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    When I purchased this from a Hyundai dealer (someone traded it in) I thought I was buying a Prius 1. After doing some research on here I may have a Prius 3. If I read it right the number is based on trim level. My car came with integrated Sat radio, bluetooth phone, GPS NAV, drivers side touch entry, leather as well as various inputs for the touch screen radio display. Am I correct in assuming I bought a 3? I was comfortable with the deal I got but if it is a 3 that adds about 2500 to the value of it. It only has 19k miles on it. Purchased it for 17K. I found out the car was on the lot for 6 months. I have been shopping for one for years. I have learned that when gas is $4 a gallon you have no chance in talking a dealer down. When it's under $2 it's time to haggle :)

2. jaglio16

jaglio16 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Softex (synthetic leather) is only available on the 4 and 5 models. Also, Prius 1 is primarily a fleet vehicle. 2 is the lowest model sold to the public.

3. bclinton

bclinton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Is there a way to tell with the VIN which level I purchased?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try plugging the vin into the toyota owners website. do you have cruise control? i suppose leather can be after market. one door sks would be the minimum, but i'm not sure what package got the 3 door. package 3 gets the upgraded jbl i believe.
    Yes it has cruise control. It does not have power seats though.those are probably pack 4 or 5.

5. sfprankster

sfprankster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2012 Toyota Prius Improves With Subtle Changes

For 2012, Prius Two models come with restyled 15-inch wheel covers, a new infotainment system with a 6.1-inch touch screen, a USB port, Bluetooth phone connectivity and Bluetooth audio streaming.

Prius Three Models now get navigation as a standard feature, Toyota’s Entune telematics and infotainment system, a back up camera, Sirius XM satellite radio, HD Radio and a revised Smart Key system that now opens all three doors.

Opt for the 2012 Prius Four, and you’ll also get an eight-speaker JBL audio system, specifically designed to reduce power consumption.

If you buy the Deluxe Solar Roof Package on the Prius Four, you’ll get an included heads-up display and a seven inch touch screen monitor with split-screen capability.

Finally, the range-topping Prius Five gets no new features other than the ones described in packages Two through Four above. Prius Five buyers can, however, opt for the Advanced Technology Package, which isn’t an available option on lower models.

#5 sfprankster, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  6. bclinton

bclinton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One

Good info. Thanks! Looks like I might have a Prius 2. I have the Nav system but tried to sign up for the Entune apps but part of the APP setup on my Galaxy 4 asks for the VIN and says it is not compatible.

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    According to my 2012 brochure, the Prius 2 lacked Nav, Entune, and Sat radio, so these imply that you have at least a 3. An inability to sign up for Entune means nothing about trim level. OEM 'Leather' implies at least a 4, though a number of owners put aftermarket 'leather' on lower trims.

Check the passenger door to touch entry, the 3 should have it there too. (The rear hatch too, but it is easier to miss there.) If it is missing, then you have something weird that doesn't fit the brochure.

Does the steering wheel have a separate button (lower left) for voice commands? 3+ has it, 2 does not.
    Auto-dimming rear view mirror means 4+.

8. Starbrand

Starbrand Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    allow me to be the first to say congrats on your new Prius and welcome to PriusChat! And if I skimmed too fast and someone already said so, then I'm okay being 2nd or 3rd :LOL:

9. bclinton

bclinton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Looks like I have a 2.5 :) Only the driver door has the touch entry. My Nav does not appear to be entune capable either. Was hoping it would work with Entune, that looks pretty cool. It's still a cool car! It's pretty amazing that braking generates usable energy too. Got 56.8 MPG on my trip home today. :)