1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2012 Prius V five owner (Our 1st Prius)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by GOOSE MAN, Jan 4, 2012.

1. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Chazz, how are you liking your new V 5? I have one on order just like yours but black. Shoud be here within the next week or so.

2. Prius77479

Prius77479 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    What type of fuel are you using? My friend was using preimum fuel and getting about 35mpg. after i told him not to use preimum he whiched to 87 reg. and now he is back at his high 40mpg for his prius liftback. I'm averaging 42 43 for mine.

3. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    @benagi; I really enjoy driving my Prius v. Did you see my post about the power of the Prius v here: priuschat.com/forums/prius-v-main-forum/102189-owners-how-power-v-vs-4.html#post1451014

Here are some thoughts to help you have fun with your new Prius v:
    I can also share with you that it drives well in slippery winter conditions.
    The radar cruise control is easy to use and useful (page 229, 233 in the manual).
    Set up your Entune account and be ready to logon when you pick up your vehicle.
    Play with the height adjuster lever on side of driver seat. You can lift yourself up into the moonroof / window.
    Play with the Power mode.
    Learn how to make Eco mode do what you want.

That is just off the top of my head.

2 people like this.
  4. GOOSE MAN

GOOSE MAN New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    As far as gas miles per gallon goes, I get a around 41ish and Im pretty happy with it and the range says 431 when filled with 87 octane. I too, live in Florida, but I believe its also the area your in, but its just my IMO. I use to live in the Bay Area and notice my MPG was never great riding my 07CBR1000RR, I could only achieve 98 miles before the low fuel light would light on, but in Florida I can achieve 130 miles on a fuel tank before the light comes on. I'm recently driving my Prius like the hypermill video and its been working great. Good luck, and I love the Prius, bummer its only a seats 5.

5. Fteiii

Fteiii Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: New 2012 Prius V five owner

Our first Prius as well and it's a V. Our village is a 30 - 35 mph speed limit and we routinely get 54 mpg. Got 42 at 75 mph on a hilly interstate road trip carrying two large men and two small ladies. Crazy about the vehicle. Almost 5K miles. Zero issues. Oil looks brand new. I'm 6' 6" and have more leg room than my ls460l. Great nav system. More intuitive than the 07 lex. Wish it had a tach to see how hard the little four is spinning. Haven't had to use the power mode on freeway entrances.

6. on2zshow

on2zshow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a Prius V five for $29,300 at Toyota of Buena Park, CA. MSRP was $31,800. I was pleased.