1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2013 Prius with 1000 miles showing P0171, P0441 & P0455 codes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sri81, Mar 5, 2014.

1. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You mean, "Duh !!!" , With a palm slap to the forehead? :)

WE0H likes this.
  2. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, that too!:LOL:

WE0H likes this.
  3. Stratman

Stratman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    With 1000 miles I would doubt there is any real engine damage. Also, the "burn in" phase of anything electronic is where you are going to see the failure in a weak component. My 08 corolla had a catastrophic failure at 52 miles when I bought it new. It was replaced with an upgraded part before the engine was redesigned a year later to address the issue. Let them fix it and don't look back.

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a feeling the original poster (OP) is long gone...

Mike

5. sri81

sri81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello Everyone,
    As I mentioned in my first post, dealer identified it as computer problem, car was in the shop for a week to get the new computer replacement. I have car now and it is driving okay so far! One new thing I noticed is there is electric motor sound every time I hit on brake. In the same forum I found suggesting it as okay.
    Regarding car replacement I was in contact in Toyota. They suggested to choose either lemon law or arbitration. Not yet made my mind here. I don't want to exploit the situation but I am left with a fear (already shared) and dissatisfaction of driving a damaged car.
    Someone in this thread questions me if I deserve new car, not sure why not when I am paying in full.
    After knowing this fact will you pick my car and pay the same price when there is a need and money to buy one?

Thanks all for you inputs!

6. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome back :)

Mike

7. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sri81, the reason Toyota suggested you go the lemon law/arbitration route is if you can make it through that process and convince the arbitration panel that you meet the guidelines of your state's lemon laws, then they'll give you a new car or a refund. The lemon laws have very specific requirements that have to be met before an auto manufacturer can be forced to replace or refund and my guess based on what you told us, you won't qualify. Your car was repaired under warranty at no expense to you other than your time and inconvenience, which unfortunately is not a value that you can be compensated for. As far as driving a "damaged" car, not sure if your car was or is damaged as it was repaired with new replacement parts that remedied your situation. It appears what happened to you was a one-time event, but if the problem keeps reoccurring and you continually have to put it in the shop for repairs, then you'll have grounds to pursue lemon-law status.