1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2014 Prius owner with questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MikeyT, May 18, 2018.

1. MikeyT

MikeyT New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    New owner of a 2014 Prius 3 as a retirement gift to myself. Have had 4 Toyotas previously and have 3 still, only because the Corolla Wagon was totaled in a rear-end collision by a non-driving &())^&#$%&$@!!! I digress. Love the dependability and want to keep this one going as long as possible.

Trying to find a complete manual. The one I have now is the large main manual and a very small info manual. Nothing else. Tried Helms and they are dragging their feet (like, 5 weeks). I think I've found a full set from Amazon. I need to find the maintenance schedule because a "Maintenance Required" window has appeared on the display. I purchased the vehicle with 42,000+ miles and it now has 46,000+ miles. I tried the schedule link on the newbie page, but it would not connect. I have always changed the oil at 3K miles, but am not sure if the same applies. And I want to keep up the care of the car at all levels.

I would like to update the GPS, but am not sure where to start. As I have viewed posts here, it seems the dealers want a lot of bucks to do that. I would rather use the updated version on the car instead of my phone because that was one reason we liked the Prius. But really don't want to give them an arm and a leg. Any ideas would be appreciated

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The manuals are also available online at toyota.com/owners (or a more direct link below).

Toyota Owners Official Web Site

Click on "manuals and warranties"

RCO and quantumy like this.