1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2015 startup problems?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mrken, Jun 29, 2015.

1. mrken

mrken Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just bought 2015 Prius v - 5 package but no external accessories after my 2005 2nd gen hybrid battery died and it was time for a new car anyway. Dealer delivered to my house after an online/onphone negotiation. I'm having a couple of problems and wanted advice:
    MPGs are in the toilet. Dealer had to drive about 100 miles to deliver the car and the average when she got here was about 19mpg (although she had just filled it back up so that might have been since fillup). But since then, I think I'm generally in the 20s, suburban driving. Haven't gone flat out on the highway yet, but we do have a interior highway to get it up around 60 mph a couple of times every other day. I also noticed that the battery readout didn't ever show that the battery was charging up beyond 50-60% and it's sometimes down at one or two bars. I am using a/c a lot but not on auto and I don't think it should have that big an effect. I searched here but couldn't find any info on this.

I've noticed a couple times after using the touch screen for a while fiddling with settings and whatnot it will suddenly not take any further touch screen input. The side buttons will still work but not the screen itself. I have to turn the car off and on to get it to work again. (And of course this is while the car is stopped and in park.) (I admit I forgot to search the forums for this problem so I apologize if it's addressed elsewhere, please reply with link.)

The other is a minor issue: my phone is connected by bluetooth and I can make and receive calls. But whenever I try to port my contacts in, it shows that it is copying all 990 contacts, but only about 75 show up. Always the same 75 and they're not even people I frequently call - just random people. Any ideas about that?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The average mph is not the same as the average mpg. You are probably looking at the average mph

Since the car is new, you can bring it to any Toyota dealer to have them show you the features and how they work. They should've showed you upon delivery at the dealership.....but you had your car delivered to you.

carolD likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats on your new v! i believe there are touch screen issues with the v, maybe someone will jump in. i've seen some thread titles, but i haven't read them.

as far as mpg's are concerned, reset the meter and start over. if they stay low, fill it with gas, reset the meter and see what a tank gives you when refilling again. all the best!(y)

#3 bisco, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I always thought delivery of new vehicles are on flat bed trucks, not driven by somebody. How strange.

5. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Its a new car, relax and wait 5000 miles, get to know it.

The A/C most definitely can drain the traction batt, and pretty quickly if its running close to max output. Use Auto mode, and ECO mode combined to limit the impact the A/C can have.

Prius v Touch Screen | PriusChat
    Start at the end of that thread and read back.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. mrken

mrken Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just reset it; so I'll see what happens. I think that screen showed avg mpgs in the low 30s before reset.

7. mrken

mrken Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think that the touch screen failures happen when the screen is hot after sitting the sun. I'll read the other thread and see....

Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  8. mrken

mrken Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I thought it was weird too. But this was an 'online' order from a dealer in another part of the state. They had to get it from another dealer. The sales person drove it here with all the paperwork and then rode back with another guy who was following tandem.

9. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ... and very possibly he drove it hard, thus the low mpg score.

10. mrken

mrken Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The mpgs are still not so good, low 30s but I'm mostly driving short distances right now in hot weather. So I probably can't complain until I have a chance to do some highway driving.

I've also begun to document that touchscreen problem and will take it to dealer for repair.

But I haven't seen anything else online about the contact sync problem. I called corp customer service and was told something really weird that in retrospect cannot be correct. I was told that the car will only import contacts from the phone that were originally entered on the phone and not backed up from the cloud. Since this is not my first android phone, most of my contacts are backed up from the cloud. She suggested that I create duplicate contacts of the people that I want in the car and then let the car back those up.
    This can't be right for a couple of reasons. For one, some of the contacts the car caught are really old and I certainly didn't enter them manually in this phone. For another, when I did try the duplicate contact route, it didn't work. More strangely, ONE of the duplicates did come up in call history with the correct name, but not another.

Can anyone give any insight into what is going on? Is there any way to dump the contacts into the phone without going over bluetooth (e.g., using usb)? Or forcing the transfer? I tried to tell the phone (nexus 4) to 'send' an individual contact over bluetooth to the car, but that didn't work.