1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2022 Prime Limited - JBL system causes some rattling?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Darien Day, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Darien Day

Darien Day Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    So on my drive home in the new Prime yesterday I was testing the JBL system in the car. I did turn the bass up and noticed that on tracks with particularly heavy bass, I could hear some rattling or fast clicking somewhere in the car. I thought something was vibrating and hitting one of the windows, but I couldn't find anything that would do that.

Has anyone else experienced this in a JBL'd Prime?

2. Tahsin Shamma

Tahsin Shamma New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I've only owned the car a couple of days, but even turning up the bass slightly and the volume to a decent level, the rear hatch vibrates.

Great if you love the beats, but I was quite surprised how little I had to do to get the car thumpin'!

Darien Day likes this.
  3. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I too am rather pleased with the audio in the limited. You can extract a good amount of bass from it. Much more than the xle trim. I was kind of bummed it didn't have a sub at first. But honestly it keeps up with our crv with a sub. It still lags behind our old 2006 frontier with the Rockford Fosgate system in it though.

Darien Day likes this.