1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New adaptor for Toyota/Lexus. Will it work on a Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by petteri, Feb 21, 2004.

1. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've posted about this before but the actual product is out now. Does anyone here want to guess if this product (link below) will work on an 04 Prius? I think the overall cost of adding XM would be lower than the Toyota XM tuner. Plus you can add Sirius if that what you're looking for. Check it out here:

http://www.soundgate.com/products/cd/toyota.htm

I've called these people before but got no intelligent response. I'll try again on Monday...

2. Keebler1175

Keebler1175 New Member

After checking their web site, I see I have an installer of their products near my home. I'll swing by tomorrow and see if they have any in stock, and see if they'd be willing to give it a try, or if they already know if it will work or not.

-Greg
    '04 Seaside Pearl Prius
    OR Plate : KEEBLR

3. Keebler1175

Keebler1175 New Member

So, I finally followed up with the local retailer of the SoundGate product.

Basically, I'd have to be a test subject for the install to see if it works, as they are unsure if it would. With installation and such, it looks like a savings of only about $60 over what I would pay to coastaletech for the xm unit and then installation at a local car audio shop.

Since I don't have the funds for either option right now, I'll have to wait for someone else to give it a try.

-Greg

4. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I callled and was told that it should work in some fashion. But they were doubtful that artist and song info would be transfered. They too tald me I could "try" it. I did read in a stock report that Toyota may be adding SIRIUS to their line up later this year. That makes sense as both XM and SIRIUS are listed in the AVC-LAN system aboud the Prius.