1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Adventures of Old Charlie

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ArkiePrius, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ArkiePrius

ArkiePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Introduction first....I am Charlie, age 62, the proud new owner of a 2012 Prius 4 with solar in Barcelona Red. I made the mistake of stopping by our local Toyota dealer just to look at the new Camry's ( I had a one owner 2007 Camry with 45000 miles ...looked like new) . Salesman said have you ever checked out the Prius, I said no, I thought it was a much smaller car than the Camry. Well, much to my surprise the Prius sat a lot better, much easier to get in and out of ( my back is shot) and my wife and I were in love at first sight with the Prius. We made the deal, funny our new Prius is the same color as
    our old Camry, so at first glance a lot of my friends don't even know I have a new car. I am totally sold on the Prius, I am not a computer wizard, but after reading the manuals for a couple of days, lurking on here and picking up tons of valuable info, I have managed to get everything to work as advertised.
    It gets HOT here in Arkansas in the summer, so I think the solar fan cooling will be a real help, as well as the window tinting the car came with. We love all the nav stuff, and the hud is just kind of the icing on the cake.
    The noise factor with the sunroof open seems to me to be a lot less than the noise I had with my Camry. I have had the car for a couple of weeks now and we seem to like it more every day. I have had a few new cars in my time ( lots of company cars), but I think I like this one more than any one of the others. I am no tree hugger, as my other vehicle is a 3/4 ton Chevy truck with a gas sucking 6.0 liter engine and I have a 150HP boat engine also, but I don't drive them every day , either. I probably couldn't justify my trading the Camry on paper, but I figure gas is only going to go
    up, the cost of new cars is only going to go up, I am not getting any younger, and you have to jump in somewhere ( a bit like buying a new computer, wanting to get the latest, greatest, only to have it change the day after you buy it):eek:
    I truly appreciate this board and all who post here. I have read a ton of posts and everyone seems very polite, my hat is off to you all. Now to just wipe that " Got a new Prius" grin off of my face:D.

Charlie

1 person likes this.
  2. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome to PC and the Prius family, Charlie.:welcome:

It may be a while before that grin goes away!

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome: to PriusChat, I hope you like your 2012 as much as I like my 2009. It does get warm here, doesn't it? I tinted to the legal limit and it does help!

Welcome to TintLaws.com

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard Charlie! Sounds like your already really enjoying your Prius. Tell your neighbors its a Prius and show em what its like.

5. ArkiePrius

ArkiePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    For anyone considering buying a Prius Hybrid, as this is my first hybrid, I was a bit amazed by all of the strange noises the car makes at times, and the quietness at other times. Like when you pull up to a stop sign and think the engine has died, or when you pull up to go into the garage and all you can hear is the hum of the electric motor driving the car. I am a big Toyota fan, even if I do come from the old muscle car generation, and I think Toyota has
    outdone all the competition when they developed the Prius. In considering all the other hybrids , I took into consideration how long the Prius had been being manufactured , all the long term reviews of the car, the long warranty on all of the hybrid related parts, and just the feel of the car itself.
    I have been showing the car to all my friends, I think they are a bit bewildered by all the technology, probably a bit like me when I first encountered it on the lot. I live in BIG CAR central, along with lots of pickups , four wheel drive vehicles, etc., I am just glad to be able to fill up for maybe half of what it was costing me before.
    Charlie

6. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :welcome:

Congrats from another new 2012 Prius owner!

7. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome Charlie... And as far as wiping that grin off your face... I've had mine for nearly 2 years, still there...

8. Dog Face

Dog Face New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats and welcome. I did the exact same thing as you. Traded my 2007 Camry for a '12 Prius 4. I don't miss the Camry either.

9. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You may be old, but you are obviously thoughtful. Thanks for the post, and welcome to the collective :eek: :D

Prius is slowly coming to the south. I'm a bit amazed it has taken a decade, but better late than never.

10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your purchase!

P.S. being a patriot and a good steward of the land and air doesn't mean you have to be a treehugger. ;)