1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New but need a little insight please

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jeffxf, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Jeffxf

Jeffxf New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello all. Have a 2014 Prius Two (LOVE the car) and recently had to have some work done on it after my son had an accident. Long story short, the car came back from the body shop looking incredible and runs great, just one glitch. I cannot prove they left it out it but there is a bolt missing from the part of the air cleaner assembly, it makes sense that they would have removed the bolt as they needed to replace the right headlight assembly. Any chance one of you brilliant Prius owners can ID the missing bolt part number so I can pick one up to replace it? It is the bolt location marked in red in the image.

Attached Files:

2. JamiFids

JamiFids New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Unfortunately, after an accident, there are many hidden problems that are not immediately detectable. Do a computer diagnostic, maybe it will show the problem.

3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just to the left of the dipstick in your photo is another air cleaner/resonator assembly bolt, which is identical to the missing bolt. So take it to a Home Depot and see if they have an identical one, or order one from your Toyota dealer.

There are additional bolts like that inside the air filter assembly and behind it. All those bolts that hold the air cleaner assembly in are the same.

#3 Rebound, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Mendel Leisk and burrito like this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As far as I know, there aren't any computer diagnostic codes for missing bolts.

But there are parts diagrams on parts.toyota.com. That's where you can find diagrams like this:

[​IMG]

So you see that the bolt you're looking for is 90119-06900 and there are (2) of them needed to hold that resonator down. (You still have the other one, as Rebound pointed out.) That's also where you can confirm what Rebound said about the three for the air box also being that same 90119-06900 bolt.

So if you saunter into your local Toyota dealer and ask for 90119-06900, about $1.32 will change hands, sometimes a little less if they don't stick you for full MSRP, and you'll go home with the matching bolt.

You should also be able to find something about right at the hardware store, and it might be cheaper, but a bit more fuss.

The way these diagrams work, for whatever reason, things like bolts and nuts and clips have their whole xxxxx-yyyyy part number right there in the drawing. The shorter numbers pointing to everything else are just callouts, you have to scroll down on the parts.toyota.com page to see the actual part numbers for those.

Mr. F, Mendel Leisk and burrito like this.
  5. burrito

burrito Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The guy at my local dealership 's parts department told me that all their prices are cheaper if you buy online for store pickup. For me, the battery intake filter was $10 online, but $30 in person.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    missing bolt diagnostic, what a great opportunity for doc prius :cautious:

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That might make it more like a tricorder than a scan tool.

(Somebody tell me how Firefox can possibly think 'tricorder' is a spelling mistake.)

Mr. F and Mendel Leisk like this.