1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New...but not really, Hybrid buyer

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Blackhatch, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Blackhatch

Blackhatch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Great forum by the way.

I previously owned a Toyota Hybrid (2005) and had fantastic luck with the car. Great vehicle and average a tic over 50mpg with no aerodynamic modifications and merely good tire pressure and the occasional pulse and glide.

I currently own and operate a construction company and want to get my sales manager and operations people (those that don't need a truck) into more efficient vehicles.

I also know how my people treat vehicles and I would prefer to go with a used equivalent so that I don't take the initial depreciation and thrashing from the employees.

Here are my questions:
    - Are the Toyota batteries as repairable as Honda batteries (I read the thread about balancing the batteries)
    - Is there a general idea about the durability of the two comparable vehicles (Honda and Toyota)?
    -- I have owned the Prius and my Dad has the Honda Civic. I must say that I like the Prius operation a bit better.
    - Does anybody have the source on the batteries for the cell replacements?

General opinion on the comparison and I am completely open to recommendations.

Thanks and I am open to any and all feedback/suggestions.

Eric

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is a YouTube video on how to measure/rebuild a Prius battery pack. Didn't seem that difficult. There are a couple of places that sell or recondition packs. Google it. :)