1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New CNN Poll

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by huskers, Jan 29, 2007.

1. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 30 2007, 08:19 AM) [snapback]382725[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, let's overthrow another sovereign nation. We overthrew their government with a CIA coup in the 1950's (over oil), so why not do it again? And we're only occupying two of their neighbors. Why on earth would they need nukes?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 30 2007, 08:19 AM) [snapback]382725[/snapback]</div>
    The generals also obeyed his order to conduct an air war against the Balkans, and won. However much I disliked Clinton, at least he did win one war!

2. chogan

chogan New Member

The precarious nature of US supply lines in Iraq is common knowledge. Google it and learn. Here's one URL describing the issue, and a relevant quote:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0721/p09s01-coop.html

"American troops all over central and northern Iraq are supplied with fuel, food, and ammunition by truck convoy from a supply base hundreds of miles away in Kuwait. All but a small amount of our soldiers' supplies come into the country over roads that pass through the Shiite-dominated south of Iraq."

To understand the issue of our inability to retreat if supply lines are cut, you might try reading, among other sources, The American Conservative, as they summarized the problem succinctly, last month, under the title "How to Lose an Army".

http://www.amconmag.com/2006/2006_12_18/article.html

So, no, I did not attend a military academy. Nor am I the first to have raised these issues. I merely read what the experts write, and try to form an intelligent opinion. Which makes me quite different from you. Doesn't it ever bother you that you have no idea what you're talking about?

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA @ Jan 30 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]382734[/snapback]</div>
    I agree, lets let Iran develop nukes like clinton did with NoKo, India, and pakistan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chogan @ Jan 30 2007, 09:39 AM) [snapback]382760[/snapback]</div>
    On the first part above - nice try. How do you pick your "experts"?

On the second part - not really - I have too much fun reading what others post here.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, looky here. Dr. Poodle has gotten confused by names again.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 30 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]382940[/snapback]</div>
    fruedian slip i guess

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chogan @ Jan, 06:39 AM) [snapback]382760[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan, 07:15 AM) [snapback]382774[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for admitting what all of us already knew but never thought you would own up to.

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sigh.

Big Sigh.

Big, Big Sigh.

We've proven, once again, that our differences will always exist. And that, oftentimes, they're irreconcilable.

Not only that, we've even attached labels to each individual one, if it wasn't clear enough already.

The question is: isn't it time to instead focus on the things which unite us?

Am I the only one who believes that it is our growing internal division which threatens us most of all?

I'll say, once again, that it's not necessary to come to so many decisions about people based upon their beliefs as individuals; it's irrelevant and frankly, none among us have the wisdom to be granted this privilege.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 30 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]382968[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. :D (Just joking. The real answer is Just about.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 30 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]382968[/snapback]</div>
    F.D.R. said, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."

Pogo said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

W said, "Be afraid! But keep shopping."

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 30 2007, 04:49 PM) [snapback]382968[/snapback]</div>
    No. Most empires eventually rot from within. By 'us', did you mean your country specifically, or humanity in general?

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's OSAMA!

As accurate as all of your other facts and opinions.

Back to IGNORE.

11. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jan 30 2007, 05:19 AM) [snapback]382725[/snapback]</div>
    So you are as clueless as in the other thread. I believe you still need to get back to a budget thread before spewing nonsense on a new thread.

Maybe read what the other poster wrote. The reason why we have all the problems in Iraq now, is because we had people that think like you when we invaded. They simply didn't know their enemy or expect the drawn out resistance we have there now.

You critisize Clinton for the nuke programs in NoKo, etc. Yet what has Bush done to stop Noko and Iran's programs???? Oh wait he invaded Iraq, which had none or even the ability to build it.

"Secure the victory before you start the war" (misquoted, but close enough). Good leaders win the political battle before they go to the battle field. It not only makes the war easier for the troops, but also ensures much better recovery afterwards.

BTW, where is Osama, the guy our fearless leader and fighter of terrorism has been chasing so hard? Oh wait Osama's big brother has been a big supporter of the Bush family. Oh nevermind Osama is irrelevant according to Bush, since we are fighting terrorists and Osama is the leader of the biggest and most threatening organization.

I seriously hope you are not actually a medical doctor, as your patients will be in serious trouble if you study desease/illness like you do politics.

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bulldog @ Jan 30 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]383155[/snapback]</div>
    Bulldog: I think you are fairly new here. The b-man has a consistent reputation here for making up untrue "facts," pretending people have said the opposite of what they actually said, and paying no attention to anything said in response to his nonsense.

The amazing thing is that he appears to actually be a medical doctor in good standing.

He's actually quite good at pushing people's buttons by turning around anything they've said, and by making the most outlandish statements about liberal political figures. If you don't have a very thick skin, the best thing is to pay him no mind.

13. chogan

chogan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jan 31 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]383243[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, that explains it. I bet he's an orthopedic surgeon.

14. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the frequently asinine behaviour is any indication, I was thinking proctologist. :eek:

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jan, 06:43 AM) [snapback]383243[/snapback]</div>
    How do you know?

16. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jan 31 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]383243[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chogan @ Jan 31 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]383272[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jan 31 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]383354[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Jan 31 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]383422[/snapback]</div>
    I am trying SO hard to be good.

Ok. I'm ALWAYS good.

I'm trying to be NICE. :rolleyes:

And...for the record...one of the VERY few lessons I have learned is--if you don't know if you want the answer, do not ask the qustion.

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jan, 12:20 PM) [snapback]383465[/snapback]</div>
    Soooo glad you're back Rufaro. What a breath of fresh air!

18. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Jan 31 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]383480[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you DF...

Now THAT is a breath of fresh air!

19. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jan 30 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]383051[/snapback]</div>
    The U.S., specifically. Which is frustrating to me, 'cause I continue to have faith in all of us, as human beings.

And, yes, I'm also becoming increasingly aware that I'm pretty much the only one who feels this way.

Which is surprising. I mean, one look at the way the topics here on PC often degenerate into personal attacks should be all that it takes to raise concern. And this is the arena of the *purely hypothetical,* too...yet, folks still can not/will not make any compromises or soften their position...?

How can we expect any better in the 'real' world, where so much is (or at least, seems to be) at stake?

We're never going to be able to change each other. It's useless and judgemental...and any attempts to do so only polarize us further. So, to me, it would seem that a shift in the other direction might ease tensions somewhat.

Again, I say: it's simply NOT necessary to come to some of the conclusions we feel are essential. It's counterproductive in the long run and is really only a tool to allow us to be marketed to/manipulated more effectively by those in a position to benefit most from doing so.

It would be nice if the U.S. could be a bit more of a meritocracy; where hard work in itself is rewarded and thought highly of, with less concern about casting a moral judgement upon the individual. And where we're not threatened by others -- especially, other ethnic groups -- who have the will to work hard and persevere and succeed. That's all that I'm saying. We're waaaaaay too defensive now, and it shows in everything we do, and even in how we treat each other.

20. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did anyone else notice this? The good doctor is now blaming Clinton for India developing nukes. Check out the timeline:

Full text here

With logic like this, you can blame Clinton for a few other things too, should we start with the Black Plague perhaps :p