1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New CNN Poll

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by huskers, Jan 29, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 2 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]384608[/snapback]</div>
    Just suppose for a moment that dbermanmd were not Dr. David Berman. What would he fear most? A Visit to the office of the aforementioned doctor! The imposter would then be exposed. On the other hand, if the b-man is the doctor, he clearly does not want his identity confirmed. Interesting dilemma, that.

Now, if the b-man and the doctor are one and the same, he could sow confusion among his enemies by inviting a local PriusChatter to visit him, and then in the person of the doctor, denying any knowledge of PC. People would then accuse the b-man of lying about his true identity, to which he would answer, "So what?" and he could continue posting his regular stream of falsehoods, because as long as the doctor refuses to file complaints against "person or persons unknown" for impersonating him, the b-man could continue to post.

I therefore believe that a visit would serve the interests of the doctor, whether or not he is the b-man, and I am therefore somewhat more convinced than before that the two are not the same person. Of course, any person paying such a visit is taking their own risk.

I wonder whether a post on an internet chat board, which is public but has a limited audience, and where the identity of the poster cannot be ascertained, constitutes a legally-binding notice. The b-man has now openly claimed to be the doctor, but the b-man has not shown any propensity for truth-telling up to now.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 4 2007, 01:47 AM) [snapback]385069[/snapback]</div>
    Since you continue to have trouble with this - for the record - if people want to call me names or refer to me as a dog I prefer they do it to my face. I did NOT call for a fight or challenge him to one. I said that it is easy to hide behind the skirts of the internet and the way I was raised and live my life if I am going to call someone a name or if someone wants to call me a name do it to my face.

NO Threats given - just expressing what I believe to be proper behavior.

My posts are opinions. When people start trying to out me or propose visits to my office that crosses the line - a well established line in the sand.

I will state for the record again, any visit to my office for anything other than medical consultation will be regarded as an act with possible hostile intent and that I will exercise my rights at law as granted by the State of New York and whatever other avenues of action are afforded me.

This is NO joke.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 5 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]385511[/snapback]</div>
    tee-hee. Translation: "Bluster bluster bluster. But don't you dare try to call my bluff! Boy, am I a joke!"

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 5 2007, 06:58 AM) [snapback]385511[/snapback]</div>
    That's not an accurate summary and you know it. You don't have 3 legs to stand on, on this one. :p