1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Discovery in Glove Box

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tom6850, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We are still discovering new things about our Prius. Today my wife and I were taking our dog Willie to the vet and my wife wanted to look up something in the owners manual. ( Yes we do look at it) As she was returning it to the glove box she discovered a drop slot or well in the front on the glove box that holds the owners manual. It holds the owners manual vertical and frees up the glove box for other items. I hope we were not the only owners to miss it.

ewxlt66 likes this.
  2. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes I missed it also.... I had to go look...Thanks !!!

3. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My dealer forgot to fill up the tank, hadn't installed the floormats (or the clips for them) and has yet to call to tell me my permanent plates are in...
    But! The owners manual kit was resting properly in that designated "well" area, when I first opened the glove box ;)
    Clever design idea, since I was always digging through the normal accumulated junk, which piled on top of the manual below, back in my Honda glovebox!

4. Molechaser

Molechaser New Member

I'm sure I've missed this. Anyone have a picture, just in case I'm too dense to find it on my own?

5. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I would think getting on PriusChat would be what you do after a workout...but Noooooooo! After 10 trips up and down the stairs to look inside the '07 to see all the stuff mentioned here, I had to find this one too.

6. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did you find the Ejector Button for the front Passenger that tries to tell you how to drive or messes with the MDF??

I am going outside right now to see that glove box area!

7. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This car has an amazing number of (hidden and not-so-hidden) slots, compartments, wells, drawers, holders, cubbyholes, and so on. I did know about the drop well in the glovebox - I keep a spare set of glasses there. Mine's actually located in what I would consider the back of the glovebox (fartherest away from the passenger seat). Does anyone have a different configuration?

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Molechaser @ Jul 2 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]471724[/snapback]</div>
    Open the bottom glove box. There's a slot in the back that's just thick enough for the manual and a bit more. Very convenient.

[​IMG]

9. liznowen

liznowen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The two areas I discovered while reading the manual were the sliding compartment underneath the cup holders and the compartment underneath the rug on the left side of the hatch. I still dont know what I could hide in that one.

10. Green Monster

Green Monster New Member

Thanks for the tip, it's useful having a place for the manual. There were a few Easter Eggs that the dealer did not show me when I picked up the car. I was also delighted to find the secret compartment under the arm rest. Can't wait till the next surprise.

11. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

The two glove boxes area great. I knew about this one. I just want to say thanks again to Toyota for the upper glove box where my wife can store all of her "stuff" so I can actually find things (like the owners manual and the iPod which is connected to a DICE unit and gets pulled out once a month to sync with my Mac. Toyota keeps making my life easier and better.

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ditto. I store my owner's manual and the "How to Operate the Prius" placard there (we don't get valet cards in Canada). Oh and a small Purex hand santizer fits there too.

13. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(liznowen @ Jul 2 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]471808[/snapback]</div>
    The small compartment on the left side of the hatch area is a good place to store a pressure gauge. However, it's real purpose is to provide some extra room for storing the rolled up cargo cover in the larger storage bin.

14. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I keep the following in the slot with the manuals: Mini-Maglite, pencil-type tire gauge (when I'm not home to use the good one), and a small bottle with aspirin/ibuprofen for those occasional headaches on the road.

15. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8AA @ Jul 2 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]471930[/snapback]</div>
    I use the bin on the left side of the hatch area to keep a spare jug of washer fluid, and store the cover under the floor. Fits perfect. :)

16. Grotto

Grotto New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Jul 2 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]471970[/snapback]</div>

I use mine to store a set of jumper cables...although I do not know why. I guess I just feel more responsible with them there. I store quite a bit in the spare tire well.

17. clooch

clooch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    the compartment underneath the rug on the left side of the hatch. I still dont know what I could hide in that one.[/quote]

I use mine for a small emergency air compressor.

18. cobraz

cobraz Prius Pirate

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My fav is the Sun Glass holder by the Dome lights... this is my favorite feature that Toyota has in most of it's vehicles.

19. Dixiechick

Dixiechick New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I keep a folded up plastic mat in there for when I need to carry plants, dirt, etc. It keeps the back hatch clean when I am hauling dirty stuff.
    It is also good for sunscreen and bugspray for soccer games, etc.

20. landstander

landstander darling no baka

A place where the nuts hunt the squirrels
    Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I added a small bottle of Imodium to the mix, but my setup is otherwise identical to yours. :)