1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Discovery in Glove Box

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tom6850, Jul 2, 2007.

1. drajkuma

drajkuma Need More Input

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I like the sunglass holder on the Honda CRV (at least in the 07 that I saw) to be much better. The holder opens up to two positions. At wide open it is just like a regular holder. However, close the holder to the first click, and a wide angle mirror appears and you have a clear view of the back seat to keep an eye on the infants back there. Push it further in and it is flush just like a regular sunglass holder.

2. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Where does one put their CDs?

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I put some CDs in the upper glove-box and the ones I'm listening to or play most under the radio. Much lesser listened to CDs go in the console. I keep cotton buds in the upper glove-box while the bottom one holds street directories, car handbooks in the slot up the back and I keep binoculars in there in case I see something distant I want to look at.

The compartment in the rear left has a folded Australian flag in it, along with a spray can of Mr. Sheen(like Pledge).

I keep a $5.00 cheap blue tarp under the rear floor in case I carry dirty stuff. If I carry plants I always put the floor up with the strut and spread the tarp in the plastic tub, the tarp stops the plants falling and the tub shapes the tarp up to contain any spills, I do the same for picking up used parts for my son's Celica.

I want a grocery net but not sure where to get one.

4. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I put mine in the center Console, and in the glove box, I have a large CD case that fits in lower glove box.

I keep a small first aid kit in the little compartment in the left side of the hatch area. It fits perfectly. And I store the dogs large canvas seat cover in the area immediately under the hatch along with a fire extinguisher

5. Fraser

Fraser New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Lots of good storage space throughout. We put a clear plastic chairmat (from an office store) on the hatch floor. Had to cut off the extended foot portion and trim a bit off the other end, but it fits well, no need for a tarp (we often carry a bunch of plants). Matches the clear plastic mats we placed on top of the official Prius carpet mats in the cabin. I'll have to look for the sunglass rear mirror; we use that for the garage remote, since we have Package 2 and no Prius-related opener.

6. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    in the cd player:rolleyes:

7. Kevin_in_SB

Kevin_in_SB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I keep a bottle of booze in there for a really bad day. LOL

8. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    lol... know what you mean.. I just took the jumpers out of there after two years, thinking "what am I going to use these for?" and put them in the trunk of my Miata (they fit perfectly inside the rim of the spare tire!)

9. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm... in the rear, left hatch storage i keep my armor-all wipes and a microfiber cloth. in the center hatch storage is an array of sports equipment including tennis rackets, tennis balls, golf balls, shin guards, and golf gloves. i also keep my grocery bags there along with the Toyota first-aid kit and any other item i need to secure when driving with the windows down.

10. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When you go to the grocery store that compartment on the left in the back is perfect for putting a gallon of milk so that it doesn't tip over on the way home. :)

11. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My dealer neglected to mention the secret compartment under the cup holders. I had to find that one out through this amazing website. Dealers should tell prius buyers to log onto this site for all there information. I know I will be telling my dealer to tell all the cute chicks he sells the prius to, to log into this site and feel free to ask me anything. LOL

12. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The dealer probably didn't know. These sales guys are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately I rarely find one that actually knows about the product he's selling. Heck, my guy didn't even know how to put the Prius in drive when he pulled me off the lot for my test drive.

Mike

Scargod likes this.
  13. animalcontrol

animalcontrol If my mouth moves, ignore me!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What are CDs?
    <Microsoft 80gb Zune currently loaded with 14,000+ songs and plugs into my in-dash stereo :D>

14. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I thought about doing something similar with my large ipod. Instead I just decided to load all 6 of my cd's with mp3's and I have my smaller (cheaper) iPod nano to supplement all the music on those mp3 cd's. I figured this route would put me at less risk if someone decided to rip me off. :eek:

15. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I started telling a couple sitting next to us at the dealer's who had just got their first Prius to check out this web site for answers to everything. I also told 3 of the employees at the dealer.

16. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    hmmm, a tape deck?? well that explains the confusing blank area in my 2007 prius. so they took out the tape deck option and put nothing in its place?

17. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think the tape deck was an option in 2005 for the highest package. I have the base model so that pic isn't my car. Don't know what year they did away with it.

18. charlotte

charlotte New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    LOL

I wondered why everytime I opened up the glove box why some of my stuff was falling down into a crack!!!!!!

19. combsad7

combsad7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I keep a half high box of Kleenex in the sliding box under the cup holders, of couse I throw the box away first.

20. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yea, dealers never really know there product. my favorite thing is to ask them what car do they drive, there answers are almost always some different automaker than what they are selling for.

I started to notice that one of the dealers at the Mercedes Dealership, I pass everyday to the gym, drives a red Prius. It's in the employee parking lot everyday, making those benz's inadequate.