1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New engine

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tombukt2, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    New engine arrived from Belleville new jersey today I can't get over how clean it is it's unbelievable looks brand new AC compressor water pump all original all intact throttle body covered transmissions beautiful hoses cut connectors and lines are cut with ample wiring sticking out of them same with the orange high voltage wires all the plugs are left alone on the devices with the male and female ends very nice I have pictures of probably won't let me post them really really incredible AC lines everything is silver and clean beautiful I'm stoked 20220111_162422.jpg 20220111_162507.jpg

#1 Tombukt2, Jan 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Montgomery and jerrymildred like this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah I can't wait to get this thing back on the road it's one thing I can't stand is a piece of machinery that it's not working for something really retarded it's just to me stupid so here you go we'll see what happens. The horror begins he he he

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    looks good, how many miles?

you can't post pics of male and female end here, it's a family chatroom :cool:

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The importers of these things have always claimed 45 to 65k which is up to 104 clicks some kind of thing that goes on in Asia and those countries about pulling them off the road and that limited amount of time I don't know how it all works Don't really care but as clean as it is and I mean I'm looking at spots where people don't usually look and where people don't usually get with a spray wand etc chemicals and it looks damn good even the coupling plate there where the transmission shaft slides into really good unbelievable I'm going to undo I guess this EGR doofus here and have a look at it ream it out clean it out whatever before I set it in the car so I'm not working around a bunch of crap but I'm stoked looks really good we'll see

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The engine Trans assys are installed . Hybrid battery charged stopped at 247v. upon looking over all . car started right up ran a few secs stopped. like engine shuts off at stop light then the display states chk hybrid system. I check all pertinent fuses and connections.NADA Ive a bunch O codes all Hybrid Trac cntrl engine cntrl. will post a pic shortly. i cleared all .. Same over again . all connections look good . the few seconds like 30 that it ran was dead quiet. wen engine shut off i hear the slight clank of that plate between engine n trans . same noise i heard wen missing bad cyl 2..

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Im using the TB and water pump and ac comp from new engine. All electrics seem same. newer than my originals..