1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Entune App in the Apple App Store

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by schja01, Nov 13, 2018.

1. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As promised Entune as been officially neutered.

2. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wasn't it always neutered? When I bought mine in 2017, I looked as the apps it came with and absolutely none of them were of any particular use I could see. Simpler just to use your phone and connect through Bluetooth.

DavidA likes this.
  3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Only thing left of any value are the Advanced Applications (Charge Management, Vehicle Finder, Eco Dashboard, etc), which are actually completely different things than the media apps, even though they are also called "Entune".

4. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And even though I bought an Advanced 19 months ago, I still don't have them.

5. burnout8488

burnout8488 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought this was going to be a post on how much better the app is. We finally got a worthwhile update with screen updates for the later devices.

I knew that with iOS12, developers were required to support all of the newer screen sizes, so when Entune was finally updated it was bound to happen. This is so much better looking, and feels a little snappier as well! Very happy. Couldn't care less about Pandora/etc. being removed from the app - it was removed from the car first, so the app had to follow.

Did you call Toyota using your vehicle to get the contract ID for Safety Connect?

6. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nope - intentionally.

7. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for reporting the update.

Probably my age speaking, but I can (still) remember where I parked my car, so the find my car app wouldn't be of use to me. I can look out the window to see if any of the three blue LED's are blinking, all on, or all off, or I look at a clock to see if 2h and 5m have elapsed. If the sheep could talk I might be amused for a few seconds, and maybe a minute if they spoke in Japanese and I had to translate it.

Just not much useful to me to care. Let it remain neutered, which I believe it always was. If I had a Tesla, there would be much more need and interest in phone and app connectivity. And, um, if I had a phone maybe. ;)

Some day, Toyota will perhaps catch up to the rest of the world with useful apps and features. Sure wish the car (or my non-phone) could do Pandora, though. I use that at home almost always.

#7 DavidA, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  8. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    FWIW, pressing the SOS button does not connect you to Toyota. Safety Connect is handled by a subsidiary of Sirius/XM. You are connected to them by the cell phone built into the car; it has nothing to do with their satellite radio service.

#8 CharlesH, Nov 14, 2018
  9. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Advanced Apps are actually potentially useful, if you care about what they do. I sometimes use the charge management function to turn on charging if it is plugged in on the timer, and remotely determining how much charge the car has. Also to remotely turn on the A/C to cool down the car before I get in. And yes, I use it to locate the car in shopping mall parking lots, on the rare occasion that I go to shopping malls.

#9 CharlesH, Nov 14, 2018
  10. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Android version was also updated today.

11. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm not willing to pay for SafetyConnect so I don't want to get used to using the Prime apps that require it during the free period. Also, they don't seem that useful to me. I can use the key fob to turn on the A/C and I can do the math in my head to figure out how much charge I have during charging. Turning on charging remotely is extremely rare so I can just walk out to the car and touch the one button if I need to do that.

12. schja01

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Can someone tell me if they removed the email notifications for scheduled charging start and finish? I don’t see it and actually found them of value.

13. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It's still there. Log into the app, tap the 3 bars in the upper left corner, then Account, Vehicles, then your prime, EV settings.

14. schja01

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks. Subsequent to my OP I found the settings were still available via the web myentune.com site as well.

One new annoyance though is every online app Charge Management request I've made eg. Start Charging NOW or Update Status results in a message "Request Failed Try Later" but in fact the request was successful.

Oh well.

J

15. schja01

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a PIN on my Entune App for things like Charge Management.
    I want to change the PIN.
    I can't find where this is done.
    Anyone ever change there Entune PIN ?
    How?
    I have the iPhone version of ToyotaEntune Version: 1.25.712.21(41329f3) IMG_5624.PNG
    Thanks,
    J

16. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm using android version. Last night I could not charge. I had updated entune on way to work so that is the main thing that has changed. When I went inside charge light was on charging brick but it looks like it stop within minutes of my leaving. This morning I can get the charging on the car to come on for about twenty seconds and it goes off. No error light but no charging. I'm suspecting entune.

17. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    New research. It did charge last night. It just didn't tell me about it. Everything looks different now and I have to completely relearn the signals. Still no emails even though I have updated the web page to ask for them.

18. Ascegan

Ascegan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was told at the dealer none of the are features were enabled on my car- only for Entune 3.0 fo 2019 models. Dealer was wrong, and I use remote climate every day, but the app is still terrible- why must I enter a pin once EVERY time I turn on the defrost????

19. mveras1972

mveras1972 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    According to your profile, you have a 2017 Prime Advanced as well as I. I just started playing with Safety Connect and the representative on the phone told me my car does not support locating the car. However, I see the locating feature listed on the website. When I tried it myself on my iPhone app, it gave me an error. Do you have a 2017 Prime Advanced with the location feature working?

20. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Advanced is the only trim that DOES support locating the car. All of the Advanced functions work fine on both my Android and iPhone apps. Have you set everything up on the myentune.com site? Entered your contract ID (from service rep at 1-800-331-4331 or press SOS button in car, where you have to emphasize that this is a registration request, NOT an emergency). In particular, Under Prius Prime Apps, Update Service Level Setting, make sure that All is selected in Please Choose Your Service Level.

#20 CharlesH, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019