1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Entune update changed defaults?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by ttait, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ttait

ttait Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So, like probably most of you, I received an Entune update the other day.

Some of my defaults seem to have changed and I can't figure out how to change them back. And I'm usually pretty good about this stuff.
    Of course, all my apps changed positions, this happens every update and is expected and, while easily fixed, is just plain annoying.

What is bothering me the most with this update is that the screen now defaults to showing the silly round menu items at the bottom instead of just the map. I prefer just the map, if I want to see the 'menu balls', I'll hit the button.
    I can't find a setting to return the screen to just showing a map on startup. I know I can just drag them down, but I don't want to do this every time I start the car. So if you know, please share.

Of course, I don't ever want to see 'Insufficient Connectivity' again, and the lack of true LKA, and support for Siri but not Google assistant, or the remote climate fail yet again, either, but I guess I have to pick my battles. But I am getting tired of losing so many battles. Just got a Volvo for the wife, terrible mileage on premium gas (compared to the Prime), but a true pleasure to drive. And Android Auto just works. And Waze. And Pandora works every time.

I like the handling of the Prime, and I regularly get well over 1000 miles/tank, but these small frustrations are starting to make me reconsider my choice. A BEV is starting to look better and better. Which, as an early adopter, makes me sad.

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Page 16 of the 2018 Navigation Manual PDF says there is an icon/button in the left upmost corner of the menu screen that toggles whether the round menu balls are displayed. I don’t know for sure if they stick across power cycles.
    J

ttait likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can't believe you're on your 3rd prius and this surprises you.:p

4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Have not received the update notice yet...but then I am only driving a mile or less each time to try to trick it.

5. EyePrime

EyePrime Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    We have the base model (SMALL SCREEN) no update for us!

6. breakfast

breakfast Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I got an update with the small screen yesterday. Sound quality appears improved for some strange reason on my Prime Plus ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. ttait

ttait Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Found the button, thanks. Don't know why a software update makes it lose it's memory. It doesn't forget it's map.

8. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well maybe it's like updating the firmware in a router. Usually the settings stay but occasionally the change doc says "reset to factory defaults" after the update.

9. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    On your phone, connect to WiFi or your data plan. Then with the car in ready mode or running, connect to the car with BT. This should auto launch your entune app and updates will be detected and prompt you to download. It's not much data, but if you're tight on data, use WiFi.

Read the screen prompts. It tells you exact what it's doing and what's being installed.

10. burnout8488

burnout8488 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing outwardly changed on my Prime Advanced after the recent update a few days ago.