1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Entune Update with New Apps and More!

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by priusCpilot, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the link! Glad to see that the Entune update for the car is do-it-yourself with an official download from Toyota.

2. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No problem Aug 20th is going to be fun for us to try the new update!

I want to see this Slater Radio never used it?

Also the bluetooth update along with the multi media? Wounder what that will unlock?

3. Chris92057

Chris92057 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Slacker Radio is great; similar to Pandora. I'm encouraged about the coming features. With my iPhone, I have to tether the phone to use the functions. I'm not happy about that. If the bluetooth option works, I'll be much happier and use the entune navigation and the like, I won't miss Bing!, either. We'll "see" next Thursday.

4. GadgetVirtuoso

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glad to see Toyota embracing DIY updates. Hopefully there will be some other bug fixes as well.

5. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Just traded the 2012 for a 2015 and was pairing the phone when the on-screen Entune said there was an update. Took about two minutes, worth it for "Saved Destinations" otherwise I never use any of the Entune apps.

6. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I contacted Toyota today to ask about this update (I sent a question from the Web site yesterday, but that seems to have dropped into a black hole.)

I have an older Android (LG Optimus G running OS 4.1.2) It just so happens that I've been looking at upgrading it, since some apps seem to no longer be compatible with it. I was looking to move to an LG G4, which runs Android 5.1. So I looked at Toyota's compatibility list to make sure that would work. Unfortunately, the July 2015 Compatibility sheet doesn't list that phone, nor the Samsung S6, which is a comparable phone and another one I was considering.

So I had two questions for Toyota: 1) Will the new Entune app work on my existing (4.1.2) phone, and would the new phone be compatible with the app and my Prius. The woman I spoke to said that the new app requires the Android 5.1 OS to work. This didn't seem right to me, since that version is just out, and only available on a handful of phones right now. I asked the same question several different ways, to make sure she didn't mean the 5.1 version of the app, and not the OS, but she was sure it needed the 5.1 OS.

For my second question, she assured me that ALL 5.1 Android phones would work. That didn't seem right either. Does that mean there's no more need for a compatibility list, since all new phones will work, regardless of supported Bluetooth kits?

I thought I might need another call to Toyota, and maybe get a clearer answer from a different agent. But I wanted to check here to see what others might already know.

7. priusCpilot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I went to the Toyota download link tonight before the 20th and it worked! The update goes from 3.2 which I had all the way to 5.1 :eek:

Going to the car now to update.

geodosch and ftl like this.
  8. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Interesting that the version of the software is 5.1. The hopelessly confused woman I spoke to at Toyota yesterday kept insisting that I needed Android 5.1 for it to work.

I've downloaded the car software update, but I haven't seen the new App yet on Google Play. I'm wondering when that will be available.

9. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  10. kalamesa

kalamesa New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've downloaded the car software update, but I haven't seen the new App yet on Google Play. I'm wondering when that will be available.

Entune update still not available from Android playstore as of 6 am pst on 8/20/15:

11. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I can confirm that the Bing search app is no longer available. As advertised, trying to use it gives a 'Provider not available' message. But still no new app. I don't want to update the firmware until the new app is available for my phone, since I'm guessing it won't work otherwise (or I don't want to find out the hard way that it doesn't.)

12. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I went from 2.1.0 to 5.1.0. Update took about 5 mins.

13. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    No update for the iPhone app yet either (10am EDT)

Kurt Weiske likes this.
  14. priusCpilot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I was wondering about that 5.1
    Ha ha I was wondering what that meant when you said 5.1? I was thinking how bizarre was that the android software and that the other software are both 5.1?

15. geodosch

geodosch Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just downloaded the updated app from Google Play (v1.16.403.xxxx)

I did the following, and then it showed-up. I don't know if this is necessary, or if it was just coincidence that it showed-up after I did it:
    • Go into Task manager and stop Google Play if it's running
    • Go into Settings->Apps->Downloaded
    • Open "Google Play Store", and hit [Clear Cache]
    • Open "Google Play Services" and hit [Clear Cache]
    • Go into Google Play and look for the Toyota Entune app

16. Chris92057

Chris92057 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    downloaded and installed in my 2013 Prius C3. Confirmed it works. Cheers!

No Entune update for iOS. (n)

17. Chris92057

Chris92057 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I called Toyota Customer Care enTune. They claimed Apple is the hold up on the iOS side; expect the new app to be released around "4 or 5 p.m. Pacific". She had no further info.

18. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've heard the same thing from other iOS developers - Apple is often a bottleneck on new releases.

19. Kurt Weiske

Kurt Weiske Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anyone noticed Entune improvements without updating the IOS app? I'm tempted to update it now since I have the update, but IOS is still