1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Fisker Owner Lu Guangiu vows to take on Tesla

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, May 20, 2014.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    The chart is a great start. The shortcomings I find with it are age/capacity % loss, low temp loss, and altitude loss. All those variables have been graphed for the Leaf ... so hey, why not. If it hasn't been completed already - it's probably in the works. As an EV owner, I for one find it aggravating that the EPA fails to include these known variables along with other range mileage stats.

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Tesla has a tool on their website that encapsulates the chart and allows you to plug in temperature and whether the headlights are on. I don't believe high altitude affects bevs, it should actually reduce drag. You can also do stop and go (city) in the tool. The tool doesn't allow you to apply hills, age, or weather. I think if you use 80% for aged battery pack that should be good ;-)

The epa can't do such a chart because ice vehicles vary so much when it comes to engine warm up, hills, gear of the transmission. Hell they still have the city test approximate LA driving 70 years ago. Knowing range of an ice is less important than knowing the range of a plug-in. I hope, now that nissan and bwm are in talks with tesla about charging and batteries, both companies also start producing tesla like tools for their plug-ins.