1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Full Production VOLT Studio Pictures Leaked!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by SyCo, Sep 9, 2008.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The ideal market would be the under-40-mile commuter* who needs to be able to drive farther occasionally. The car would be a 40-mile* EV, but for those rare occasions when you need to go further, would not leave you stranded.

* The 40-mile figure is being thrown around a lot, and Lutz says 40 miles. But he also says it will cost 80 cents to charge at 10 c/kWh, which means it holds 8 kWh, and there's no damn way this car will get 5 miles per kWh. I'm guessing it will get around 20 miles on a charge.

On the other hand, lithium batteries are relatively unaffected by cold temperatures, though extremely cold climates may be a different story. In Spokane, my lithium-powered Zebra goes as far at zero Celsius as it does at 25. In Winnipeg you'd probably want battery heaters.

2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

it is 16 kwh, with 50% usable, so yeah, they are saying they will get up to 40 miles on 8kwh.

3. fstickel

fstickel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Woof, -- the price tag is in NOW dollars, what will it be in 2011 !! $30,000 in Then dollars would be too much.
    Body design is bad retro, doesn't look ANYTHING like the sharp concept car, interior is small, technology is untested, price is to much. Guys are smiling cause they know what their parachute is worth and when they get it.

If this is the best Chevy can do, Just think what the Toyota Prius and Honda lines will be like in 2011?

Would be nice if our car companies woke up from their 30 year sleep and stopped yelling "Look what we MAY be able to do, 3 years from now"

Get VERY tired of seeing Chevy's ads on TV of the Volt, Flex fuel, Hydrogen, Atomic, Etc. cars that they DON"T have. They should be pushing the manure powered cars that they do promote. At least ,the hot air versions would do nice.

Vaporware, - it just don't exsist, folks.

Color me bored with BS ads and phony photo shots of non-existent cars with non- existent claims and non-existent statistics.
    I'll be very happy with my $24k , 54 mpg Prius, -- until at least 2012, when I plan to get my Prius EV Gen 3 plug and play.

4. txtabby

txtabby 2011 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you...! :p

5. txtabby

txtabby 2011 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2012 eh? Sounds like a good time to do a trade-in for the plug-in :)