1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new guy here... new c4 with moonroof

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by novasquid, Mar 13, 2013.

1. novasquid

novasquid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    i've been lurking this forum for a little while now, and finally bought a new c4 with moonroof package on 3/8/2013 with 4 miles on the odometer. according to truecar.com, the deal that i got falls right between "below market" and "great" so i can't complain. :) this is my first hybrid and i'm loving it.

my trip B shows the running total since it rolled off the dealer lot, and is currently showing around 46mpg. interestingly, my odometer and trip A (which i reset occasionally) consistently show 55-60mpg. i'm still on the dealer-filled gas tank, so i'm looking forward to doing my own manual calculation on the next fill up to find the true mpg.

i have a few mods in mind, and wouldn't have thought about them if i didn't read about them on this site. so, thanks to everyone for such a great site and loads of information. my list:
    - auto-dim rear view mirror (had it on my last car and miss them)
    - rear view camera
    - navigation speed lock override

2. orangePruisC

orangePruisC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Check out fuelly.com for the mileage, mine is pretty much +2 each fill up. Welcome

3. Andy631

Andy631 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey novasquid! I just ordered the same car here in Canada. We're probably going to have to wait a few months to get it. I'll be really interested to hear how your mods go. Even before getting the car I know for sure I want to do the following mods:
    --nav speed lock override
    --back-up camera
    --add rca video input to factory nav screen

So yeah, would love to hear about your progress!

4. novasquid

novasquid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    oh nice, i didn't know about the video input to the factory navigation screen. can this be done over bluetooth or built-in usb port? once connected, what special apps are needed (if any) on the iphone to stream video to the nav screen? time to add to my list of mods and more research!

5. Rainking

Rainking Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Got the same car as you with the sunroof and the 16" wheels. Did yours come with 15"?

As far as the backup camera being integrated with the stock head unit, check this thread out. I also did it and posted my install on there. It's not for everyone but the results are rewarding. Also, no need to keep resetting trip A. The trip after B is actually called since last started or something like that. It shows the average since well, the last time the car started. I use Trip A for every tank refill to get my tank average, I use trip B for lifetime average and keep my view mostly on the trip after B because I like to see instant feedback. Also, trip B might be low due to idling from the dealer.

Rearview Camera | PriusChat

6. novasquid

novasquid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    i actually have that link saved for my upcoming mod. :) but i thought it covered only the rearview camera? are there any good links on setting up video streaming to the stock navigation screen?

i have 15" wheels. i would've preferred the 16" wheels but a review said it changed the "turning circle from a tight 31.4, to a Buick-like 37.4 feet" so i'm ok with the 15".

7. Andy631

Andy631 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    In-dash Nav Unit: Video input? | PriusChat

According to this thread you can use this Beatsonic harness to get rca video input. You could then use a adaptor to get an HDMI or micro HDMI input i would think.

The one thing I'm not sure about is whether you could have both the backup camera and the video input hooked up simultaneously.

Galaxy Note 2

8. Rainking

Rainking Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Beat Sonic provides a harness that plugs directly into the stock head unit without any modification that will give you A/V RCA inputs. Good time to do when doing the backup camera.

This thread has the amazon link.

In-dash Nav Unit: Video input? | PriusChat

9. novasquid

novasquid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    perfect! thanks for the links!