1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Head Gasket and battery...or start over, need advice.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Amanda Williams, Aug 23, 2024.

1. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Get a used matrix or vibe...
    I did and zero problems....

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah depending upon what engine you're talking about If you got that big 2.4 l thing boy you're back in Camry mileage yeah I went to generation twos and they have no problems pretty much I mean they're very easy to settle and sort everything out and then drive hundreds of thousands of miles without doing anything but tires so it's as good as a Corolla The matrix and the vibe similar chassis to the Prius I guess one of them has the 1 z z engine in it. Which is the predecessor to the two ZZ in the Corolla and the FXE in the generation 3 Prius but the vibe and the 1z combo is very decent. To be more equal to the Prius I would probably choose the Scion XA or anything with the 1 NZ

3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I mostly agree..... except..... person in my subdivision has broke down gen 2 with bad brakes and shot traction battery... been sitting for months...